X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    Well, hopefully the weather holds so you can get some drive time in this week!
    It will and we will. It's just sitting there, waiting. I'm nearly scared of it....DANG that thing's quick. 5% difference but it's a difference, new hand/eye/hearing reflexes must be learned, and it won't take all that long to learn. But it's there. Thank you again my Friend, that was a great idea and it sure was.
    Last edited by pdub; August 19, 2018, 03:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Well, hopefully the weather holds so you can get some drive time in this week!

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    you're retired....Monday calls!
    It sure does, but I think we have to set fire to a stump. Not sure if our presence is required for that or not. But I'll be on fire watch all day, if that actually happens. That, and "Fire Cop Watch."

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    you're retired....Monday calls!

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Pdub.....Ya gotta fix this!
    Oh, we will. We've just been enjoying the World's Most Worthless Weekend, referring to us specifically. Don't even move around the house very much, a staycation.

I've got to learn how to drive Red all over again with that new gear. I must, I must. It takes some forethought....which day, what time of day, which road.......unsanctioned testing is blatantly required for sure. We weren't able to do that on the way home from the shop. Too much traffic, not at all the right road or conditions.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Pdub.....Ya gotta fix this!

Leave a comment:

• sueunit
    replied
    Just need time to enjoy this new gear ratio before we decide to do anything else, I haven't even ridden in RED since this upgrade!.

Leave a comment:

• sueunit
    replied
    The crew chief thanks Pdub for his "NO", and calls time out. We have two running cars, and the truck, all is well. Take a break. Tweak your own stuff, lol.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Why not? sounds like one hell of a story.....

On another note, Pdub, you were asking about horsepower numbers for a set of headers...ask and ye shall receive: https://www.bangshift.com/forum/foru...009-mustang-gt
    Click on the link where it says for full details, click here....I am NOT saying that you need to get them, only for informational purposes... by the way, you had better explain to Sue Unit as to why you are online looking for Hookers....
    Last edited by silver_bullet; August 19, 2018, 04:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied
    Originally posted by pdub View Post

..... I'm telling you Man, I'm telling you, 185 mph is the number. That's when cars fly.....

pretty sure it might be a bit different depending on the car.
    for instance, the 461" in my vette gets almost 15mpg on
    the freeway at a steady 50mph. i attribute that to superior
    aerodynamics.

im absolutely certain the same motor in, say, a 78 K5 blazer
    would get maybe 10mpg at the same speed/same rpm.
    its about as aerodynamic as a brick.

im also just as certain that K5 would get 'unstable' WAY before
    185mph, while my vette might be ok. i know its good to 148mph
    now.... (verified by HPD....dont ask)

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied
    I still think the sunglasses for Red might be good for a few MPH.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
    Not allowed....

Click image for larger version

Name:	ge.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	1212375
    Why not? Of course it's allowed. But I've got no use for all of that. I'll never get to the speed to be able to take advantage of all that. Red's a pig, probably 3800 pounds with the wheels and the brakes and the blower. And I'm telling you Man, I'm telling you, 185 mph is the number. That's when cars fly and Red is not that fast and never will be.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
    But a wing like that.... Sure would make a nice place for you and Unit to catch a snack or take a nap on the ground by the bumper.

I say go for it. Easy to fab up as detachable. Go about twice as deep as that one, room for a decent selection of condiments.
    I can describe my reaction to that in less than a dozen words:

No.

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied
    Not allowed....

Click image for larger version

Name:	ge.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	1212375

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied
    Until then.....

FREE SHIPPING! Great Styling And Extra Protection. Now you can add stealthy aerodynamic styling to your Mustang and protect your headlights from road debris dam

AERODYNAMIC! American Muscle SAYS SO! (have they lied to you yet?). Pops right on and off so Unit can sit in Red seeing how she feels about black accents.

Now a splitter..... THAT would just make you angry, don't do THAT!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X