Clear All

• malc
    replied
    And I thought it was for life........

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
    Plus you can't surrender the Man Card and keep the Man Pedal.
    Steve Strupp, the owner of ECTA, is one of the greatest guys ever. Friendly, just a great guy, and so smart too. I can't say enough great things about him

And he loves working the start line. So he does. He stands there and then he says, "GO," pointing down the track. But he's standing in front of the car. Steve, please get out of the way, I've waited long enough to do this.....
    Last edited by pdub; August 9, 2018, 10:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied
    Plus you can't surrender the Man Card and keep the Man Pedal.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Um - Pdub...... You and a support staff have installed a blower on a car that didn't come with one. You HAVE a He-Man Mechanic card. But a real He-Man can decide when to use it and when to delegate - you delegated. Rock On!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    started a topic I Officially Surrender My Man-Mechanic Card

I Officially Surrender My Man-Mechanic Card

Come Monday, we're taking Red to the shop in Georgia. Drop him off on the way to somewhere else that will be fun farther down the road.

There is a list to go with that drop-off.

* Replace the rear end gear, ring and pinion. I watched the video that Rock posted about that particular task, they can HAVE it, that job. And it'll only make about a 5% difference for Red, 3.55 to a 3.73. I'm all over the map, some days I think that'll be an improvement at The Mile, some days I think it'll end up being even slower. We'll see.

* Install the drive shaft safety hoop that Patrick reminded me that I needed. I hope I never need it, but that will successfully add about another 25 pounds to the pig. Might as well.

* Adjust the parking brake. I've got the new cables on there, both sides, but I can't for the life of me make the parking brake work on those exotic and specially-bought rear brakes that took 6 weeks to get. I carry a wooden chock in the car for whenever we park on a real hill. That's no way to live, somebody can fix that, but I have tried and I cannot.

Anyhow, I'm only saying, I am NOT a mechanic. I've done a lot simple things, when I was more mobile, but it doesn't bother me at all to drop the car off at a shop and say, "Call me when y'all are through with it." There.
Working...
X