Damn YARD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Yes, but no. The same thing with Roundup, mixed double strength. Triple strength.
    roundup only lasts for a year.... miracle gro - I think the statute of limitations has passed - but my brother wrote obscene things about the dean at the boarding school he attended... 30 years later, you can still make out what he wrote.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      30 years later, you can still make out what he wrote.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	eire.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1211818

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

mow more often during heavy growth season - (don't wait until it's 8" high !) like every 4th - 5th day. If you only mow 1/3 of the blade height at a time you shouldn't need to bag either.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'm nowhere near that point yet... 11 more 80 pound bags of concrete in the ground tonight... that makes 61 for those keepin score....
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
            mow more often during heavy growth season - (don't wait until it's 8" high !) like every 4th - 5th day. If you only mow 1/3 of the blade height at a time you shouldn't need to bag either.
            I finally tried that "cutting it higher" thing this year. It needs bagging even after that, and it needs cutting again the NEXT day and I finally just got mad at the yard AGAIN and just said FTS and cut it low. Well....

We came around the curve getting home from Perry's place this afternoon and by then the sun had beat on that pregnant mess of a job. I didn't know it at the time (it was getting dark when I did the job, waiting for the cooler part of the day), but I was dragging the sweeper around trying to get up all of that soggy hay. The sweeper doesn't work but about 1/3 as well as it did when new, so now I have to make about 4 passes over the same spots to get the crap up.

The more I swept, the more I could see the spots I missed while I was mowing. The crap was piling up so high I couldn't even see where I had and hadn't mowed.

So I'm dagging the sweeper (remember the sweeper?) and the sweeper was getting heavier and heavier, making Junior the Riding Mower squat down on his tires. So I just kept engaging the mower deck to hit those spots I didn't mow while I'm also dragging the sweeper. Well, Those spots where I did that are scalped nearly down to the dirt. So now the yard looks like a checkerboard, green and brown. It looks every bit like something I would to, while being mad about having to do it.

Comment

No chance that's all on video is there...?...

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
                No chance that's all on video is there...?...
                No, but .....Lemme think about this. The backyard still awaits and it's in even WORSE condition. You've got me thinking...I could set the camera up on a tripod and then play the video back in real fast motion, like that clown a while back that nearly went viral building that ramshackle "shed." Maybe even MORE fun because the front yard is level but the backyard has some serious elevation change. Junior gets stuck spinning his wheels back there even on a good day. The property is only about ......maybe 130 feet wide? I dunno, I'd have to measure it or look it up from the land plat, but just eyeballing it, it looks to be about a 6-foot drop in that amount of distance from one corner of the lot to the other in the backyard.

I think you're onto something malc, the first ever episode of The Weeville Backyard. Since I've abandoned The Garage series.

Comment

malc, you KNOW I had to try the high speed video thing using the software I already have, using a video I already had. There's no audio, I think I can even put a goofy Laurel-and-Hardy tune to go with it in the background.

Next up? Yard work. But not today. Thank you for the idea!

Comment

Okay, this didn't come out nearly as well as I hoped it would. There's no humor in it. Plus, the GoPro camera shuts off after a certain amount of time. missed just about the last half of the job, putting all the clippings in the can and dragging it out to the street (I'll be all hurt up again).

Yeah, I would have loved to have a video of me screwing up the front yard so bad, just to watch over and over. This one's not at all special, it went far too easy. So much for the Weeville Yard Series, the critics dumped it in the pilot stage.

Last edited by pdub; August 15, 2018, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Fix a GoPro on the broom handle...sweep...sweep...brush.....sweep.
                      Get physical.

Comment

What is this "bagging" grass thing ? . . . Bangshifty lawn care at :33 seconds . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post
                          What is this "bagging" grass thing ? . . . Bangshifty lawn care at :33 seconds . . . .
                          That is/was a really great movie. Always will be.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                            Okay, this didn't come out nearly as well as I hoped it would. There's no humor in it.
                            Thats hilarious! Just needs to be set to some Benny Hill theme music!
                            Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                            74 Nova Project
                            66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                            79 Chevy Truck Project
                            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Thanks for the memories, Chris!
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                              X