Northern Has Completely Lost Their Minds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Has Completely Lost Their Minds

We were expecting a package, the new weather cover for Junior the Riding Mower. His old one lived its life, leaking, I couldn't make it stop leaking with duct tape.

So today we got the lawn mower cover and another thing - this thing. Sitting on the porch. We didn't order anything from Northern, what IS this?

Well, check THIS out. It's a hardback book, glue and binding, just like a school textbook. High quality. Glossy coated paper, high color ink, they have a fortune tied up in this, even before shipping. And it's a sales catalog. Just a sales catalog. I'll bet they have about 14 or 16 bucks in every one of these they sent out. Or more, before shipping....

I'm all for it, I love to see folks using paper, but GYAH.....they'll never get a return on it. Not at that level of expense.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010338.JPG Views:	1 Size:	82.8 KB ID:	1212079
    Last edited by pdub; August 15, 2018, 01:36 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

The intent is that if you need something and they sell one you will go there first. I'd still search on E=Bay.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
      We were expecting a package, the new weather cover for Junior the Riding Mower. His old one lived its life, leaking, I couldn't make it stop leaking with duct tape.

So today we got the lawn mower cover and another thing - this thing. Sitting on the porch. We didn't order anything from Northern, what IS this?

Well, check THIS out. It's a hardback book, glue and binding, just like a school textbook. High quality. Glossy coated paper, high color ink, they have a fortune tied up in this, even before shipping. And it's a sales catalog. Just a sales catalog. I'll bet they have about 14 or 16 bucks in every one of these they sent out. Or more, before shipping....

I'm all for it, I love to see folks using paper, but GYAH.....they'll never get a return on it. Not at that level of expense.

Click image for larger version Name:	P1010338.JPG Views:	1 Size:	82.8 KB ID:	1212079
      I'm jealous!
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I remembered THE WORD. They expect you to be BEHOLDEN to them for this. You got the MASTER catalog. You are BEHOLDEN.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          I remembered THE WORD. They expect you to be BEHOLDEN to them for this. You got the MASTER catalog. You are BEHOLDEN.
          Well we be BE HOLDIN' one of those books and it's just hard to believe. Maybe they only sent out one of them because I bought not only one, but TWO lawn sweepers from there.

Comment

Reminds me of the Bennett Brothers Blue Book. Wholesale to Business. The REAL Price was in the item number. EVERYTHING I wanted growing up before I even knew I wanted it. My dad brought it home from work.

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post

I'm jealous!
              You want it? We've still got the box.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

You want it? We've still got the box.
                You kidding a Hard Copy Northern, no self respecting Man Cave should be without one!
                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post

You kidding a Hard Copy Northern, no self respecting Man Cave should be without one!
                  Well, alrighty then. Now we've got you where we want you. It's all yours. Come get it!

Comment

Working...
                  X