Dammit. Just dammit, dadgummit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010340.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	1213237
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Should've soaked it with diesel fuel first.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
        Should've soaked it with diesel fuel first.
        Ok, I get that. Sort of, in concept. If I had any idea that's a kind of asbestos plant that just won't burn, we'd be out some coins in diesel fuel as well. I've got a few gallons of 20-year-old kerosene I don't know what to do with. That would have been a prefect place to put it. Dadgum it Perry, where were you last week?

Comment

let it cool completely, break out a 1" spade type drill bit and drill as many vertical holes into the core as you can(just don't drill through)..... fill holes with gasoline, and allow it to soak in completely(will probably take several hours, depending on the density of the wood)... then attempt to burn it .... I'm guessing that the roots are still saturated with water and will not burn....the gasoline will kill the plant, and displace the water down to the ground level(in theory)...Good Luck!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            Good Luck!
            Just like I won't pay anybody to cut our yard and I hate doing that worse than anything, SM is not even going to think about hiring a stump grinder to just make it go away. Same thing as me, stubborn. I asked him, are there any service lines running through this spot - gas, phone, sewer, cable, anything? He said, "I have no idea."

I've just never seen anything like it, wood that won't burn. I never have before, and I've been around for quite a collection of hours by now. That's just.....gyah.....amazing and deflating at the same time. And as for the gasoline, kerosene, whatever.....that doesn't burn any hotter than charcoal. But I've never tried the combination of things because I never had to. And I don't know if SM would even be up for another attempt.

When I set my mind to something....by golly it's me against this stump, I hate to stop. But that's not my stump anyhow. And it may be Superman Jr. and his boy scout hatchet out there for weeks on end chopping on that thing. That's just hard to watch, and I thought for sure charcoal would do it. And it for sure didn't.

Comment

Sounds like Eucalyptus, a variety of Gum Tree. Eucalyptus must be split and allowed to age for two years to burn well. No split, it stays green. Ask Loren, it is EVIL.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Sorry I wasn't watching this closer PeeWee. You missed seeing The Batmobile at the Cleveland YMCA today....

Name:	bmb.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	1213267

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                  EVIL.
                  Evil. Okay. So I've got evil parking brakes and Superman has an evil stump. It must be Evil Week. Perhaps we should try to jump over the Grand Canyon next.

Comment

Sorry I wasn't watching this closer PeeWee. You missed seeing The Batmobile at the Cleveland YMCA today....
                    I'm not all that much into car shows and that's not the real BatMobile. I didn't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

I'm not all that much into car shows and that's not the real BatMobile. I didn't miss a thing.
                      It IS a real Batmobile by Barris. The Check Into Cash Guy owns it and he is a bazillionaire. I keep trolling you about CIC being from Cleveland but you've never bit until NOW, bahahaha! You live with Check Into Cash!

Comment

Evil. Okay. So I've got evil parking brakes and Superman has an evil stump. It must be Evil Week. Perhaps we should try to jump over the Grand Canyon next.
                        Evil tried to jump the Snake. Evil missed and became the snake.

There, you've had your Sunday School early.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It IS a real Batmobile by Barris. The Check Into Cash Guy owns it and he is a bazillionaire. I keep trolling you about CIC being from Cleveland but you've never bit until NOW, bahahaha! You live with Check Into Cash!
                          I think I know about who you are talking about, is his last name Jones?

Comment

I think I know about who you are talking about, is his last name Jones?

Yup, Allan Jones....

And HEY it will be back in Cleveland Oct. 3 as it's monumental tour of East Tennesee continues!

O.K., so it IS a copy, but his collection is kinda cool too. You live with Creekridge Classic Car Rentals!

Discover our world-class car rentals. Antique, vintage and exotic cars are available for short-term and long-term rental. We have rental cars for every event.
                            Last edited by RockJustRock; August 25, 2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Okay, NOW you are getting creepy. Just stay away from me every chance you get. Only just sayin and only just asking.

Comment

GYAH!!!!!!!!!!! Look at THIS!!!!! That dreaded stump burned down low enough...."just" low enough....Superman said, "That's close enough for government work." GYAH!!!! A win is a win after all. I think I'm going into the stump business, without a grinder.

Name:	P1010341.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	1213369

Comment

Working...
                                X