Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pdub
    replied

Evel attempted the Snake River jump....Evel not Evil....
    Well, with all the fanfare and hoopla, he still didn't make it. Poor planning. Not enough work on the chalkboard. Just sayin. Not that I'd be willing to try it.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied

Evil tried to jump the Snake. Evil missed and became the snake.

There, you've had your Sunday School early.
    Evel attempted the Snake River jump....Evel not Evil....

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Stumps burn slow, especially green. It's possibly simmering down under. Y'all will know in about a year if it has because it will follow the root system creating a sinkhole effect. Had about 20 big stumps ground and once the roots rotted which of course took longer ( about 6 years ). I've been back filling for about 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    GYAH!!!!!!!!!!! Look at THIS!!!!! That dreaded stump burned down low enough...."just" low enough....Superman said, "That's close enough for government work." GYAH!!!! A win is a win after all. I think I'm going into the stump business, without a grinder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010341.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	1213369

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Okay, NOW you are getting creepy. Just stay away from me every chance you get. Only just sayin and only just asking.

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied

I think I know about who you are talking about, is his last name Jones?

Yup, Allan Jones....

https://checkintocash.com/batmobile/

And HEY it will be back in Cleveland Oct. 3 as it's monumental tour of East Tennesee continues!

O.K., so it IS a copy, but his collection is kinda cool too. You live with Creekridge Classic Car Rentals!

http://creekridgeclassiccar.com/
    Last edited by RockJustRock; August 25th, 2018, 06:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied

It IS a real Batmobile by Barris. The Check Into Cash Guy owns it and he is a bazillionaire. I keep trolling you about CIC being from Cleveland but you've never bit until NOW, bahahaha! You live with Check Into Cash!
    I think I know about who you are talking about, is his last name Jones?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

Evil. Okay. So I've got evil parking brakes and Superman has an evil stump. It must be Evil Week. Perhaps we should try to jump over the Grand Canyon next.
    Evil tried to jump the Snake. Evil missed and became the snake.

There, you've had your Sunday School early.

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied

I'm not all that much into car shows and that's not the real BatMobile. I didn't miss a thing.
    It IS a real Batmobile by Barris. The Check Into Cash Guy owns it and he is a bazillionaire. I keep trolling you about CIC being from Cleveland but you've never bit until NOW, bahahaha! You live with Check Into Cash!

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Sorry I wasn't watching this closer PeeWee. You missed seeing The Batmobile at the Cleveland YMCA today....
    I'm not all that much into car shows and that's not the real BatMobile. I didn't miss a thing.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Evil. Okay. So I've got evil parking brakes and Superman has an evil stump. It must be Evil Week. Perhaps we should try to jump over the Grand Canyon next.

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied
    Sorry I wasn't watching this closer PeeWee. You missed seeing The Batmobile at the Cleveland YMCA today....

Click image for larger version

Name:	bmb.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	1213267

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied
    Sounds like Eucalyptus, a variety of Gum Tree. Eucalyptus must be split and allowed to age for two years to burn well. No split, it stays green. Ask Loren, it is EVIL.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Just like I won't pay anybody to cut our yard and I hate doing that worse than anything, SM is not even going to think about hiring a stump grinder to just make it go away. Same thing as me, stubborn. I asked him, are there any service lines running through this spot - gas, phone, sewer, cable, anything? He said, "I have no idea."

I've just never seen anything like it, wood that won't burn. I never have before, and I've been around for quite a collection of hours by now. That's just.....gyah.....amazing and deflating at the same time. And as for the gasoline, kerosene, whatever.....that doesn't burn any hotter than charcoal. But I've never tried the combination of things because I never had to. And I don't know if SM would even be up for another attempt.

When I set my mind to something....by golly it's me against this stump, I hate to stop. But that's not my stump anyhow. And it may be Superman Jr. and his boy scout hatchet out there for weeks on end chopping on that thing. That's just hard to watch, and I thought for sure charcoal would do it. And it for sure didn't.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    let it cool completely, break out a 1" spade type drill bit and drill as many vertical holes into the core as you can(just don't drill through)..... fill holes with gasoline, and allow it to soak in completely(will probably take several hours, depending on the density of the wood)... then attempt to burn it .... I'm guessing that the roots are still saturated with water and will not burn....the gasoline will kill the plant, and displace the water down to the ground level(in theory)...Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X