Golf Cart Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Cart Upgrade

Well, my buddy Terry lost the EZ-Go golf cart he customized in his recent divorce and decided to replace it with an upgraded version. He decided to go with the better quality Club Car and loose the electric motor & batteries, to go with a gas engine this time.

I didn't even know these models existed, but he found a 2014 "Turf 2 Carryall" utility cart with gas and a 1,500-lb. capable hydraulic tilt bed. It is sweet, but we are going to tear it down and install a lift kit along with larger wheels & tires.

Attached Files

This puppy is really heavy duty with a nice big aluminum I-beam frame, that won't rust. He is installing a "Jake's" lift kit that is adjustable to 4", 6" or 8" from stock height, in addition to lengthening the wheelbase another 6". Since the larger wheels & tires are 5" taller (one is on the rear), we thought we'd start out with the adjustment at 6" for a total lift of about 8-1/2".

After a day's work yesterday to tear it down enough to pull the cowl, so we can remove the front end clip, it looks like this;

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
      Well, my buddy Terry lost the EZ-Go golf cart he customized in his recent divorce
      That's a cool project Steve!

But I'm puzzled....as I always usually am....I lost a whole lot of things in two divorces but I never lost a customized golf cart. In fact, one of those times I "won" a Geo Prizm.

So, was Terry married to a Hot Rod Mama who wanted the golf cart? It's for sure not any of my business or anybody else's, but that's a bit ... untypical perhaps. I've just never heard of anybody losing a customized golf cart in a divorce.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Just a reminder - David Parris (the guy with the Avanti, Rack4U on here) runs a golf cart company and sells all kinds of accessories. Pretty sure he'll give you the BangShift discount and I'd imagine the manufacturer can drop ship to you.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Just a reminder - David Parris (the guy with the Avanti, Rack4U on here) runs a golf cart company and sells all kinds of accessories. Pretty sure he'll give you the BangShift discount and I'd imagine the manufacturer can drop ship to you.

Dan
          Dan, whatever happened to that Avanti? You've only been talking a lot about a Volvo.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
            Was Terry married to a Hot Rod Mama who wanted the golf cart? It's for sure not any of my business or anybody else's, but that's a bit ... untypical perhaps. I've just never heard of anybody losing a customized golf cart in a divorce.
            Yes, it is a bit strange and I asked the same question. The golf cart belonged to his Ex's mother, who gave it to them as a gift. He tore it down for a complete frame off restoration and upgraded lots of stuff as he put it back together and it was a very nice build. When they split up, she said it was a "family heirloom" with lots of sentimental value and it just had to stay with her ... even though she will never use it.

Comment

That's a cool project Steve!

But I'm puzzled....as I always usually am....I lost a whole lot of things in two divorces but I never lost a customized golf cart. In fact, one of those times I "won" a Geo Prizm.

So, was Terry married to a Hot Rod Mama who wanted the golf cart? It's for sure not any of my business or anybody else's, but that's a bit ... untypical perhaps. I've just never heard of anybody losing a customized golf cart in a divorce.
              You think won getting a GEO Prizm???
              Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post

You think won getting a GEO Prizm???
                Humor was intended. I had to drive that thing, but at least it had wheels on it, until one of the front ones fell off. Just sayin.

Comment

Dan, whatever happened to that Avanti? You've only been talking a lot about a Volvo.
                  David is thinking of selling it. We got it to Georgia and has been at Jeff Rice's shop (he's a super Studebaker guy) for several years (I posted pics from there when we removed the cage). Jeff has worked on it when he has a bit of time but David started the golf cart business and has less money and time to run to GA and work on it - basically, his situation has changed. It's a MUCH better car than when it came to David and I hope either he gets to a place where he can finish it up or that it goes to someone who can. The golf cart business was supposed to be part time for two guys but has turned into full time for 2 guys plus their mechanic, so typical new business start-up pains.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

David is thinking of selling it.
                    Dan
                    We spent a great time one weekend with David and Bessie at GHI, great folks. Super great folks to be around, funny as hell.

So there's the car that y'all went all the way out there to get. And y'all called from way out yonder and requested a song to be written about the road trip. That must be called hotrodding......sometimes it is what it is. I somehow understand every bit of it.

Comment

Golf Cart Stance..... Who Knew? Well those stock wheels ARE way too small. I like how the cheapo Carts seem to START with the stance and work back. But THEY only haul butts and clubs.
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

This is the stock front end we pulled off the frame ... note the lateral leaf spring and dinky-ass shocks.

Attached Files

Comment

Sunday morning's work started with cleaning everything and running a wire wheel around the aluminum frame, to clean it up for a fresh start.

Attached Files

Comment

Now for the kit installation. First we bolt on the sub-frame and support plate. Then the upper and lower A-arms and shocks (look at the size of these babies). Then we removed the front brakes from the original front end, cleaned them with brake cleaner, then reassembled them on the new spindle assemblies.

Attached Files

Comment

Sounds cool.......but I don't even see the Red X's?
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X