No announcement yet.

Golf Cart Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First modification required was that one bolt hole on the new spindle assemblies was flat and it needed to be counter sunk for the stock brake assembly to mount flush. Luckily we had a reamer tool on hand and made short work of this step that was omitted from the instructions.

Attached Files

Comment

Here we have the front end completed with the steering box, tie-rods and both brake backplates installed, ready for the bearings and drums, which we are going to clean up prior to reinstalling them.

Attached Files

Comment

Terry got the day off yesterday (UPS delivery guy) so I went over to help him get the suspension finished. While the front drums are curing from a fresh coat of paint, we hit the rear; removed the anti-sway bar, shocks and leaf springs. Installed the lift kit and reassembled, which went very well and fairly quickly.

Attached Files

Comment

Then back to the front and time to get messy by lubing the bearings up liberally with grease, by hand .. well, Terry did. I handed him paper towels, as necessary. Slid the hubs on, in go the bearings, cinched up the castle nuts, installed a cotter pin and put the like-new drums back on. Wheels & tires mounted with some spiffy new black powder-coated lug nuts and we are back to a rolling chassis.

Attached Files

Comment

Nearly done, with only the front end alignment left. It took us three goes to adjust the A-arms for a perfect zero degree camber, but the tie rod changes quickly got the toe spot on even.

Finally, we go for a test drive ... this baby flies now !

Attached Files

Comment

VERY seriously. I'd like to hear more about Golf Carts without hanging out with golfers or old people. There's a coming storm. NEVs, LSVs and not just in Golf Courses and Senior Places.

This will make one BIG ASS Golf Course or Trailer Park. Free or Really Cheap fuel, new convertible WAY under $10K? I'm IN.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nev-1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	551.5 KB
ID:	1213022
              Last edited by RockJustRock; August 23, 2018, 11:58 AM.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
              X