Huge Indy Car Wreck at Pocono

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Indy Car Wreck at Pocono

When those open wheels touch one another, it's "on" like Donkey Kong.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Sudden storm of carbon fiber splinters....
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      Sudden storm of carbon fiber splinters....
      That was about a 10 million dollar incident by my calculations, but I'm not all that good at math anymore. Hell, the steering wheels for those cars cost about 30 grand, the last time I heard, it's probably lots more than that now.
      Last edited by pdub; August 19, 2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Great save by Reay-Hunter with the assist by the wall. Dunno why but the cars and the driving style just feel "against a limiter" before the contact. Not lifting for ANYTHING, bumper car time!
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          Great save by Reay-Hunter with the assist by the wall. Dunno why but the cars and the driving style just feel "against a limiter" before the contact. Not lifting for ANYTHING, bumper car time!
          I don't even know what to say. But I know what my Mama would say, if she was around. She'd say, "They were just all going too fast. ENTIRELY too fast."

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

That was about a 10 million dollar incident by my calculations, but I'm not all that good at math anymore. Hell, the steering wheels for those cars cost about 30 grand, the last time I heard, it's probably lots more than that now.
            That's real problem with most forms of motor racing . . . $30.000 is probably too much for a WHOLE racing car, much less a "steering wheel" . . . .

Too many engineers, wind tunnels, and autoclaves . . . .

Even most forms of amateur "sportsman" racing are becoming too much of a spending contest.

Comment

Working...
            X