Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most famous Person and Car Person you've ever met, talked to, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bada Bing -

At first it looked like Collision to me too - - Bazinga -
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
      Sometimes you're a "collision"....
      Well, everybody's gotta be good at something. Or really lousy at something. Everybody's "something" at "something."
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

SS&DI out of Alexandria VA was a GREAT Car magazine. Had the winningest race car sponsorships ever.

Click image for larger version  Name:	supermodified_01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	96.7 KB ID:	1213479

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_58119.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1213478
        Last edited by RockJustRock; August 27, 2018, 02:28 PM.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Not sure I've been anyone noteworthy that wasn't automotive related.

BS specific, Lohnes and Chad. Mctag has a knack for being at events minutes from my work while I'm at work.

Bob Chandler of Bigfoot fame, he's humble as his reply to me calling him famous was "The truck is famous, I'm just a guy".

The "normal" car guy crew you meet on HRPT, Vic Jr, etc. Met Jeff Gordon at Hendrick Motorsports.....in 1996.

This year on HRPT my Family got to chat with Rutledge Wood, VERY nice dude who was kind enough to say hello to my wife via video (she's a huge fan...I scored points!)
          GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Bob Hope was the most famous, USO show in 1990 right before we threw another war. In the car world that would be John Kosmoski, seriously cool dude. The only famous car guy who was more laid back and welcoming was Jim Butler, I bet most of you have no idea who Jim is.

Comment

Bob Hope & Johnny Bench. Hope's Christmas Day Show at the Freedom Hill BX show 1970, DaNang area.

I was walking back to our swap meet space at the Super Chevy Show at IRP sometime in the early 2,000's when I noticed a guy that looked familiar with a small display of magazines. Turns out the magazines were souvenior books for the Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing. And the familiar looking guy was Don Garlits himself. Talked to him for a bit & bought one of the books that he was gracious enough to autograph for me.

We talked to Linda Vaughn several times on different PT stops. She was good friends with Speedy Bill (Speedway Motors founder) so, when she found out that we were also from Lincoln, she talked to Laura & I at length each time that we ran into her.

Chip Foose. Mentioned that he had called our long-time bodyman for advice on building a hardtop for his Prowler years before. Small world. Vic Edelbrock, Mario Andretti, both really nice guys.

And at the 2017 Tri-Five Nationals, Bob (1956NY150" Bob) introduced me to Jeff Lutz that he was crewing for. Yet another really nice guy.
              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                ... Bob (1956NY150" Bob) introduced me to Jeff Lutz that he was crewing for. Yet another really nice guy.
                Your talking about Jeff not Boob - correct?

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Do you mean Boob who tried quite well to cut his own hand off at our house that time?

Comment

Pdub - being older than you - I am not sure I can remember it that well but it is very possible. If so, he would have been with his son Jessie.

Comment

Pdub - being older than you - I am not sure I can remember it that well but it is very possible. If so, he would have been with his son Jessie.
                      Yep. Jessie drove him to the sew-it-up place up the road and he came back with a big bandage, talking about how pretty the nurse was. That whole night was a glorious blur, everybody being here, but that part of it was vivid - I've got Boob's hand under the sink rinsing all the blood off. I was even brave, I said, "Boob, this is gonna need some stitches." I think the story was he closed his hand in his car door. Yep. That's him alright.
                      Last edited by pdub; August 28, 2018, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Name:	Booby ala Crazy Bob 2 - Copy.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	1213610
                        nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Ohhhhh yeah, yep! HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Gosh that was so much fun, injury or not. Thank all of y'all for coming. "Blast" is not a big enough word.
                          Last edited by pdub; August 28, 2018, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by >>>>head View Post

Name:	Booby ala Crazy Bob 2 - Copy.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	1213610
                            Wait a minute!!! I know that guy too!
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

Wait a minute!!! I know that guy too!
                              Oh My, Patrick, where were YOU that night? I mean, yeah that was "it" right there. I never woulda believed it, and I still don't even believe it ever happened but we were there watching it. And I know for sure it'll never happen again at our house, not like that even if we tried. But that was something right there. I guess that was our "Big IT." That was the WOW. All the folks and all the cars, that was really something.

Comment

Naahhhh.....bo'fumm be good guys. But then Boob & I both have that old Marine thing going on too.
                                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Working...
                                X