Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most famous Person and Car Person you've ever met, talked to, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gee.....I know squirrel, cstmwgn, and a bunch of B/S members. Along with most of the B/S admin folks.
    Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 2, 2018, 12:15 PM.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Rodger Ward when Trenton race track was still an oval. I am 70.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nickleone View Post
        Rodger Ward when Trenton race track was still an oval. I am 70.

Nick
        That's interesting Nick. I'm 60, to turn 61 next week if I make it. I say that's fascinating because....I've met a WHOLE bunch of BSers and we all know who we are. But who all is here? Who wants to say how old they are? A cross-section analysis....
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
          ...Who wants to say how old they are?....
          I am an 18 year old high school girl - want to hang out?

Comment

VERT FUNNY!
            I'll play along... I'm 55, a youngster to many of you, but, still set in the old ways to most who know me...
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I just celebrated the 33rd anniversary of my 39th birthday.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I think the only famous car guy I've met was Kent Stotz (first 'streetbike' into the 7's). Super nice dude and I wound up holding the flashlight while he was trying to find the source of a coolant leak on a turbo CBR1000RR (turns out it was lifting the head when above 30psi boost pressure).

At the same track, I ran into Rick Nielsen (Great White, guitars), who sponsored a dual-engine dragster for awhile (Dom Paris was the driver, maybe?). Didn't say much with him, the car was doing a test run after a pretty nasty accident the previous outing, and as I was looking realized that the driver's wrist restraints weren't set properly. Pointed that out and helped fix it, and the guy's wife gave me a big hug.

Did leave some beer for DF and Brian at the tower during DragWeek, but saw neither.

Racing people are good people.
                Last edited by AndyB; September 3, 2018, 06:04 AM.

Comment

I think you meant Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick. Bot OH those twins!

Drag racing results, news photos and highlights from NHRA and IHRA series events
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

One of these days I hope to meet Hemi Joel. LOVE his stable full of goodies and he just seems like an interesting guy. Maybe take a few extra days when I'm racing in Arkansas.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      One of these days I hope to meet Hemi Joel. LOVE his stable full of goodies and he just seems like an interesting guy. Maybe take a few extra days when I'm racing in Arkansas.

Dan
                      Hemi Joel bought me entirely with a California license plate, "P DUB." He completely didn't have to do that. Shipped it to our house, a complete delight and surprise. He was thinking about me while he was at a swap meet, and I have no idea why.

Maybe we could talk him into showing up at the track in Arkansas while we're there? Do you know how to contact him? It's been a while since I've seen him online.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
                        In the mid 70's we were out driving somewhere and John Wayne pulled op along side of us in his Pontiac wagon. Me and my sisters waved at him and he waved back (not sure if this counts). I've met Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs) Al Unser Sr., Danny Ongias , Tom Sneva, Pancho Carter, Bobby Alison and Bob Glidden. Oh, and Jay Leno.
                        very famous list, they shaped history.

I met no one famous in racing.. although chuck yeager might have gone fast enough to count as a racer

I remember the bandag trucks, my whole family met that guy.. 1970s.
                        I found them on facebook, they are still selling T-shirts
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Carroll Shelby. Talked with his shortly, I found him to be a very personable and congenial.
                          Tom
                          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Stacey David is an absolute gentleman, very personable, loves to talk shop. If you ever get the chance to meet him, do so. You won't regret it. James Love, aka "Doc" from Street Outlaws, was friendly and cordial when I talked with him at PRI a couple of years ago. And I can't say enough nice things about Finnegan...his apology for people waiting on him because he was late for an autograph session was to run up and down the line and to hand out beers he had as an apology, and still didn't rush the session. That dude is alright.
                            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Lucky enough to have met Rick Kirk, founder of RK machine in Ripley OK, and get a tour of his shop before health issues took him from us...RIP to an artist and genius of the automotive world!
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

On several fronts... This may be revalent..

Few days ago, this 64 year old (#1) was feeling depressed, tired, just done a 12-14 hr thrash...when my facebook messager pings.. Jake.. Couple years younger than my daughter. As we chatted. He said, "You will always be one of my heroes in this sport" Blew me away.. Thanks Jake!

Then after the derby, the guys we pitted next to who looked very familiar started talking to me.. They knew how, as Dan Stokes will tell you, the father Mike said he ran against me over 20 years ago and has never been hit so hard by anybody till today by my son. "Once we were out we were rooting for you guys"
                                Made my day! I had fallen just before we left and was relying on my cane rather heavily..

The kid got 3rd. Stopped revving. Coulda. Woulda shoulda, nature of the game. Win or lose.. could see his flappers at half opening..

On the age thing.. I used to run against Papa Tom and his boys.. Papa Tom will be 80 next month, came in 2nd in the full contact figure 8 imports

Comment

Working...
                                X