Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most famous Person and Car Person you've ever met, talked to, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, forgot Denny Rollain, he and his partner John had already split up long ago. John went to Cali to build a coupla cars after R&B, Rollain and Buttera.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I am entirely remiss. With the passing of Burt Reynolds, it's taken some thought and reflection, I met Frank O. Hill. I rode my bicycle to his house in Union SC to do a newspaper story about him, uninvited, and he wasn't all that thrilled about it at first. I made the idea up all by myself. It took him a while to open up to me, but what a character. I'm glad I did it. He was just too close to home and at the time just too famous, and I was just too young and fearless. I've just gotta go talk with this guy. Yep, Frank was quite the character alright and I made that happen to "me" and to all the newspaper readers in Rock Hill. At HIS house. Google Frank O. Hill. Oh man he was a riot. And on the Johnny Carson show, he wasn't faking, not at all. That was HIM. Exactly the same in person.

Last edited by pdub; September 7, 2018, 12:48 PM.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I met Warren Johnson , he would come to our local track ( Mission Raceway , Mission , BC ) to test and tune . He would come a week before the Northwest Nationals in Seattle . Mission is an awesome track , it sits on the banks of the Fraser River at sea level .

Comment

Not that I wrack my brain over these things but I just remembered talking with THIS guy, Jerry Branch. BIG in the Harley world. But buy a set of Branch ported heads, Jerry hands 'em to you. At the time it was during the shift from the Shovelhead to the Evo. Everyone was mourning the loss of the Harley Hemi but in car tech geek circles a wedge is more efficient under less than extreme applications because of quench. Sure enough while everyone else was working on Evo Hemis Jerry was doing a Shovel Wedge and called ME an intelligent young man. *I* was just the delivery guy though.

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
          X