The Latest Harbor Freight Catalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Latest Harbor Freight Catalog

I mean, they've got stuff I didn't even know I needed, and they've opened a store about 1/2 hour from here. And they have a sale going on, they're practically GIVING stuff away. Hide the car keys, keep me out of there. STOP, don't go there, I'll buy everything they've got. They'll have to close the store to re-stock.

Is that an illness? DANG, they have stuff. Man oh man do they ever have stuff.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

You only have so much room Pdub.... Ask yourself if all of those cheap tools are worth the price of the building needed to store them? Or, would you want to leave Bluebelle and Red out in the elements?
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      Or, would you want to leave Bluebelle and Red out in the elements?
      You are a wise man Patrick. Red's up next, he needs and wants a bath and clay bar and wax. He's been neglected. He doesn't say much, but I hear him. The question is how long that will take. You'd think that with retirement, you've got all the time in the world. What I'm finding out is that time is so easy to waste, doing nothing. I guess that's the prize at the end of the rainbow. I'm okay with that. It's glorious.

Comment

So.....how's your pool skill level? When did you last play some music, or write a new song? Between the yard, the dyno runs, the stump, and travelling, you have been rather busy IMHO.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

You are a wise man Patrick. Red's up next, he needs and wants a bath and clay bar and wax. He's been neglected. He doesn't say much, but I hear him. The question is how long that will take. You'd think that with retirement, you've got all the time in the world. What I'm finding out is that time is so easy to waste, doing nothing. I guess that's the prize at the end of the rainbow. I'm okay with that. It's glorious.
          Not necessarily wise.... I'm the guy with more tools and supplies than garage.... one running vehicle in a 1000 sq ft garage.... toolroom/workshop in the basement.... two projects in the garage, 5 engines, several transmissions, 2 46" tool chests, 2 32" tool chests, 1 30" chest, and I do not know how many other assorted boxes and cases... 2 parts trucks and 1 project in the backyard.... normally 4 or 5 DD/projects in the drive... and only 3 people live here...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            So.....how's your pool skill level? When did you last play some music, or write a new song? Between the yard, the dyno runs, the stump, and travelling, you have been rather busy IMHO.
            My pool skills are exactly like they were some years ago when I shot every day for two solid years. Think about the theme song from COPS - "Bad pool, bad pool, whatcha gonna do? Bad pool, bad pool..."

The music....I can't play anymore. The galloping crud got into the left hand and it won't "guitar" anymore. I can do chores with it but it won't bend like it needs to. Oh well, if I could, I'd do a song about "that." Sparing the World Some Racket.

The travel, yes, that's been the best part of it. When I was forced to travel for work, that sucked shards of steel. But now we like it, just deciding on a whim to load up the car and set out for nowhere, that's just a beautiful thing. It sure is.

Looking forward to seeing you and Mary and Earl one of these days. We wees could even invade YOUR place for a few hours. That's not impossible.

Comment

I have some of their tools and for the most part I have been pleased with them and the price. Plus you always get a free bee I can't tell you how many tape measures I have, and some days I still can't find one.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                I have some of their tools and for the most part I have been pleased with them and the price. Plus you always get a free bee I can't tell you how many tape measures I have, and some days I still can't find one.
                They've just got too much stuff. Some of it is okay, but then you have the thing like Dan Barlow told a story about the side grinder that flew to shit. I guess you have to pick and choose. A tape measure can't hardly hurt you, unless you're me. I could find out a way to get hurt by that.

Comment

It's my impression that their overall quality is improving though nothing matches my Snap-On stuff. I think they've found that Americans have higher expectations and if they're going to stay in business they need to rise to at least our minimal expectations. I have a fair amount of their stuff and overall it's functional. But if you're giving up mechanicing WHY do you need tools?

Dan
                  Last edited by DanStokes; August 27, 2018, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    But if you're giving up mechanicing WHY do you need tools?
                    I LIKE them, I just like having them around. You never know when you're going to need them. Better to have them than to need them.
                    Last edited by Monster; August 27, 2018, 06:15 AM. Reason: Fixed quote

Comment

Around here they are known as "China Town". Bet you can figure that one out. And they are always having a sale. Still, things that I do not use much, like metric impact sockets, I will buy their Chicago Tools brand.
                      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                        Around here they are known as "China Town". Bet you can figure that one out. And they are always having a sale. Still, things that I do not use much, like metric impact sockets, I will buy their Chicago Tools brand.
                        At our house, a tool you guys would scoff at will last me a lifetime. I understand quality, and I know you get what you pay for. But with tools, no more than I use them.......anything shaped just about right is exactly what I need for a moment or two.

Those Harbor Freight jackstands.......ohhhhh boy, now I'm underneath this car. I don't want to die this way, not today.....damn I hate getting underneath a car.

Comment

I came up with this rule of thumb, buy the cheap one. If you use it enough to wear it out get a better one next time. I love tools just don't like paying for them
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

I never make it past the "Bargain Bins" at the front of the store and always get my free flashlight too.

Comment

Working...
                            X