Nifty GM Not-A-Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nifty GM Not-A-Warranty

After more than 178K miles, the power steering on ME's HHR took a dump on her last Saturday. Being unsure if it was hydraulic or electric, I Googled it before going to Whole Foods to strong-arm it home and found that:
    1) It's electric and
    2) GM is offering this repair, free, under a "special program". The "special program" applies to pretty much all GM's that share the HHR chassis.

So I wrestle it over to the dealer and the young service writer wasn't aware of the program and REALLY objected when I used the term "extended warranty" as I'm sure she was trained to do. So she didn't promise that they could get to it until Thursday which was how far out they were booking. She also refused to confirm that GM would pay for this, only that I was obligated to a $108 (IIRC) inspection fee if it wasn't a free repair.

Bottom line - we got a call yesterday (Monday) afternoon and the car was done - and for free. "Thank you very much and sorry you had a problem." So GM done good for us. We've loved this car and this is the first significant issue (there have been tires, brakes, and the CD player crapped out but nothin' serious) we've ever had with it.

Dan

WOW. That's "service" right there.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

It's almost like they're afraid of a massive lawsuit when someone is unable to steer away from the nuns and children on the sidewalk... Huh.

Comment

They did my 08 Pontiac G5 before I even had any problems with it and that was with a salvage title (warranty voided).
        Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
        74 Nova Project
        66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
        79 Chevy Truck Project
        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

and don't forget to mention that young service writer in your notes about 'knowledgeable' she needs to find another career.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Glad the HHR is back on track! And you get a Gold start for your Google foo! I wonder if you didn't know about the special if you would have gotten it?
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
              Glad the HHR is back on track! And you get a Gold start for your Google foo! I wonder if you didn't know about the special if you would have gotten it?
              Me too. I agree with SBG that the service writer should have known about the program but it was Saturday and I suspect that they had the "B" team in so the "A" team could have the day off. Anyhow, they took care of it even with a ton of miles. Of course, if it didn't have extended coverage I would have brought her home and done it myself.

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X