No announcement yet.

What Car Wax Tastes Like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Motoring! How is it going with the new gear? I'll bet you're liking the harder pull in all of the gears!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      Happy Motoring! How is it going with the new gear? I'll bet you're liking the harder pull in all of the gears!
      Oh heck yeah. it's GREAT, I love it! I'm getting plenty of needed experience making the clunky 4-5 shift because now I can use that gear.

And check out Red's latest aero accessory. This fellow was on the trailing edge of the hood when were were leaving the motel this morning. He's one of those leaf bugs. This is the view from his back end. He just faced himself forward and hung on with his two back feet clinging to the edge of the hood in front of the windshield wiper.

He rode for over 200 miles before we stopped to eat, and 77 mph one time didn't blow him off. I'll bet he had two thoughts when he DID get off - wow that was a really windy day, and.....where in the heck AM I ?!?!!?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Leaf Bug.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	1213956
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Really bugging you was it????
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Poor bug. You separated it from its family.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Really bugging you was it????
            We were stopped at a stoplight in one of those towns after about an hour or so of driving. We were stopped long enough for the bug to think the windstorm was over. He turned around and was looking through the windshield at us. Then we started going again, and oh, crap, the wind's kicking up again, and he turned around and held on some more, for a real long time.

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
              Poor bug. You separated it from its family.
              I wonder if the leaf bugs have their own FaceBook page where they post stuff. We'd better check, there may be a major "buzz" going on......"Has anybody seen Ralph? He mysteriously vanished this morning...."

Comment

How is it going with the new gear? I'll bet you're liking the harder pull in all of the gears!
                Ah, a real post about something worthwhile!

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Ah, a real post about something worthwhile!
                  Not for long!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Not for long!
                    Well, okay, I'm all for that. We stopped and ate in Dunlap TN. That's where the leaf bug got off of the car, in that parking lot. Unit requested, when you see a McDonald's lets stop, I need to use the restroom and I'd like to have a burger. Okay Honey, I think I could go all the way but we sure will stop. at the time Red's computer was showing that we could get all the way home from there with about 70 miles of gas left over. I left the GPS powered on while we were eating.

So we did stop, and a number of things happened outside while we were stopped eating. The intrepid bug got loose. We expected that. Before we stopped, the GPS was hollering, "Stay left in 2/10ths of a mile." I could SEE the intersection. so we got through eating and I got back out in the street and stayed left at the intersection and the GPS said, "Turn around, make a U-turn." What the....

Now we are being led on a wayward way, go back 20 miles in the same direction we had come to get here. Turn around. Stop. Argue with the GPS, reset the route. Twice. What the....

The GPS finally agreed, stay left at that intersection. So the GPS changed its mind about the route while we were eating. Also, Red's computer changed its mind about about how much gas we had. NOW, we're gonna run out of gas before we get home. Maybe somebody siphoned some of Red's gas out while we were eating, but I seriously doubt it.

So the "new" and "improved GPS route said go up here and turn left. Into a neighborhood. Coming off of the ridge on a road the likes of which I'd never seen. Tail of the Dragon? No, the overall speed limit on the "street" was 25 mph, and that's about 15 mph too fast in some of THOSE corners. GOSH what an incline. And there was somebody in a white Lexus crossover behind us, painting our ass. They wanted MORE, more speed. You've gotta be kidding.

And toward the bottom, pulling some moderate lateral G's just steering around those super deluxe hairpin switchback curves, I sloshed all of Red's remaining gas over to the other side of the tank. Remember the race track problem? Dash alarm.....LOW FUEL. I know that's not true, but now I don't even know how much fuel we really DO have.

A makeshift road trip is a blast. We'll do it again. Soon.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                      Yesterday we settled in Campbellsville, Ky

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010345.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1213857
                      Road trip we landed in Danville , Ky tonight . About 30 miles from Cambellsville . Heading to Liberty tomorrow for a Barlow reunion. Then we are running around Kentucky finding entertainment and things to do . We're celebrating 35 years of marriage. Sadly we left the vette at home and took the Acura due to the computer that runs it only works for 30 at a time and then needs to rest for 8 hrs .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                      X