Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romeo Palamides “Untouchable” & “Scorpion” jet dragsters for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romeo Palamides “Untouchable” & “Scorpion” jet dragsters for sale!

Hey guys. I’ve just been contacted by Dennis Birdwell of Reno, Nevada. He inherited two jet dragsters from his older brother Jack Birdwell (deceased 1994), who worked with Romeo Palamides back in the early 1960s. They are the “Untouchable” jet dragster, equipped with a J-47 engine (photo attached), and the “Scorpion” jet dragster, equipped with a J-35. They have been sitting in a shipping container out in Reno for what Dennis figures is about 30 years.

Anyway, Dennis is in his 70s now and is thinking about selling these two historic dragsters. He didn't know how to proceed so he reached out to me (knows my name from my book Speed Duel). I said I’d pass on the word, hence this post. If you’re interested, you can contact Dennis directly by email at DBirdwell1[at]aol.com, or on his cell phone at 775-691-1943.

All the best,

Samuel Hawley
    author of Speed Duel: The Inside Story of the Land Speed Record in the Sixties (2010) and Ultimate Speed: The Fast Life and Extreme Cars of Racing Legend Craig Breedlove (forthcoming in October)
Working...
X