Ford Bond Rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I don't know where you're getting your numbers - world wide is 70 million cars

US alone is 6 million.but China, for example, produced 24 million.... and GM is a global company....
    Find the most up-to-date statistics and facts on car manufacturers in the United States

but that's also not the entire story.... US production alone doesn't account for all the cars purchased.
    I think it was THIS one, but my free limit is used up.

How many new cars are sold in the US each year? Car sales decreased in the past years. Around 3 million cars were sold in 2021, a number dipped in 2022.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

A lot of "real hotrod circles" are are just insular cadres of hidebound, self-promoting, arrogant elitists.

It's probably always been that way . . . remember the old saw "Coupes are for chickens" and the SCTA rule outlawing "closed" cars? Every era of hot rodding has had its ways of establishing "insiders" and "outsiders."

I say have your own fun and forget about whether or not the self-appointed "guardians" of "real hotroding" approve of it.
      my goal has always been irritate the self-anointed ones. So far I'm at 100%.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

A lot of "real hotrod circles" are are just insular cadres of hidebound, self-promoting, arrogant elitists.

It's probably always been that way . . . remember the old saw "Coupes are for chickens" and the SCTA rule outlawing "closed" cars? Every era of hot rodding has had its ways of establishing "insiders" and "outsiders."

I say have your own fun and forget about whether or not the self-appointed "guardians" of "real hotroding" approve of it.
        I preferred the "You're an old Poop if you don't chop your coupe" movement. I always lusted after coupes growing up because I grew up in the north and KNEW I would be the hardcore MF to drive it in the snow. Youthful exuberance.

The California KId ended the "Coupes are for Chickens" movement. Street Rodders had a LOT of movements. Just regular guys.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Nov-73-R-and-C.jpg Views:	1 Size:	919.4 KB ID:	1214366
        Last edited by RockJustRock; September 4, 2018, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

my goal has always been irritate the self-anointed ones. So far I'm at 100%.
          I've been anointed by everybody here on BS. Dipped in it. Dunked in it, held underneath it. I had a propensity for it to begin with, and Matt invited me out to lunch that day, and.....holy crap, look at all of of this.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

I've been anointed by everybody here on BS. Dipped in it. Dunked in it, held underneath it. I had a propensity for it to begin with, and Matt invited me out to lunch that day, and.....holy crap, look at all of of this.

Comment

Working...
            X