Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel like a virus, but I can't go viral.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like a virus, but I can't go viral.

O.K., history. Right before I "Found" BangShift I occupied my time with something called Veetle. It was a video sharing site. You could start and stop your own channels and they turned a blind eye to copyrights. There was a comment area that functioned well as a chatroom like this can. I found THEM looking for a ESPN2 stream. I didn't want to join the hordes doing pirated movies so I did some music videos. I started with Metal. I got into a rant with a guy who insisted I do GENRES of Metal and RockJustRock as a pseudonym was born. I hate it sounds 50s but I kept it. I kept about 100 videos of ONLY new releases up and rotated in and out 10-20 a week. Did this for 18 or more months dedicating a separate desktop and wireless internet link. Got a few hundred thousand hits and built RockJustRock.com adding select Hard Rock oldies libraries. Only got a few thousand hits (hundreds of countries) but I burned out so here I am. Veetle shut down a while after I left because it was unable to monetize well.

Anyway I gotta get out of L.A.

I started a GoFundMe to do it.

Please check the URL and try again or, alternatively, you can browse fundraisers currently receiving the most donations worldwide below.

If it bombs or violates TOS here I'm used to it.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

ever considered Tecopa Hot Springs? how about Pahrump? point is there are places where you can thrive on just your benefits alone.... but it ain't gonna happen in LA.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Right now I'm thinking Tulsa.... Will look at yours. But I want rent to be a thing of my past. I see LA rents all over now too. Gentrification.

Comment

one of my buddies is a gulfwar vet, hes on this program---

Apply for and manage the VA benefits and services you’ve earned as a Veteran, Servicemember, or family member—like health care, disability, education, and more.

and his out of pocket on a $1200 apartment is $180...

Comment

I spent six months working one of those. Vacancy rate is 2% here. Apartment managers are instructed to NOT accept ANYTHING HUD because of Section 8. They are building more, but I need the 60 day notice from the Transitional Living I'm in to do anything now. I just found out Tulsa has a LOT of Senior/Disabled housing for a city that size. Three projects 200+ units each, but I'd still need wheels to get there. I did the GoFundMe after reading about one in Philly that raised $400K. The couple that put it up started spending it and the guy had to sue.

I just need to go viral and I figured the estate potential might be interesting enough to make news. My Mother is very feisty at 101 but 116 is the record right now so it IS a great ROI. The Real Estate in Tulsa is SO sweet right now. The house I'm lusting after is a full renovation with a full 1 1/2 car/shop for $75K.

November is a long ways off, I just need to get that viral thing going......

Until then it's too much money a month to think about to share a house with convicts and addicts. I know more about prison life than any innocent man should!

Comment

totally get where youre coming from, but a word of caution on gofundme--
            somethings take off like crazy, some dont. for whatever reason, it seems
            to be 'luck of the draw'--we have had a gofundme sight for my younger boys
            bone marrow transplant since shortly after he was diagnosed with chronic
            myogenus leukemia at age 16 (hes turning 21 this year) and the TOTAL
            donated so far was $1200 and some change...

so it would be nice, and i wish you the best, but i wouldnt count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
              totally get where youre coming from, but a word of caution on gofundme--
              somethings take off like crazy, some dont. for whatever reason, it seems
              to be 'luck of the draw'--we have had a gofundme sight for my younger boys
              bone marrow transplant since shortly after he was diagnosed with chronic
              myogenus leukemia at age 16 (hes turning 21 this year) and the TOTAL
              donated so far was $1200 and some change...

so it would be nice, and i wish you the best, but i wouldnt count on it.
              Well, yeah, but if I DIDN'T mention it to my buds here you would have been disappointed if you ever found out, right? The only slightly hinkey thing I've seen is it doesn't bother setting up all the options until you get ONE donation so I put up $5 plus the $1 service charge to myself. I've wasted $6 on sillier things.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                I spent six months working one of those. Vacancy rate is 2% here. Apartment managers are instructed to NOT accept ANYTHING HUD because of Section 8. They are building more, but I need the 60 day notice from the Transitional Living I'm in to do anything now. I just found out Tulsa has a LOT of Senior/Disabled housing for a city that size. Three projects 200+ units each, but I'd still need wheels to get there. I did the GoFundMe after reading about one in Philly that raised $400K. The couple that put it up started spending it and the guy had to sue.

I just need to go viral and I figured the estate potential might be interesting enough to make news. My Mother is very feisty at 101 but 116 is the record right now so it IS a great ROI. The Real Estate in Tulsa is SO sweet right now. The house I'm lusting after is a full renovation with a full 1 1/2 car/shop for $75K.

November is a long ways off, I just need to get that viral thing going......

Until then it's too much money a month to think about to share a house with convicts and addicts. I know more about prison life than any innocent man should!
                that 400k lawsuit is a cautionary tale - they're damned either way. give him the money, he dies, they get sued. keep the money from him, they get sued. At least this way he's alive and now he's someone else's problem. I know that sounds cold, but it comes from bitter experience. It's a fine line between help and enable.... sometimes that line doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

that 400k lawsuit is a cautionary tale - they're damned either way. give him the money, he dies, they get sued. keep the money from him, they get sued. At least this way he's alive and now he's someone else's problem. I know that sounds cold, but it comes from bitter experience. It's a fine line between help and enable.... sometimes that line doesn't exist.
                  Actually the killer drug is opiates. Strictly a middle to upper class drug. Meth and crack are the only drugs you can package at street level pricing, as little as $2.

BTW right now we're in the middle of the ride-share scooter apocalypse. I'll have a first person report soon.
                  Last edited by RockJustRock; September 2, 2018, 10:50 PM.

Comment

I honestly wish I could help you Rock, but I don't think money is the solution. I don't know what IS.
                    Last edited by pdub; September 2, 2018, 11:09 PM.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                      I honestly wish I could help you Rock, but I don't think money is the solution. I don't know what IS.
                      Well, right about now I feel like the only truly sober person in Long Beach.

Actually just sharing the GoFundMe is GREAT. The first level or two of a good virus is just getting the word OUT there. Trust me, fixing me is something I've had teams of people work on, too big of a job.
                      Last edited by RockJustRock; September 3, 2018, 07:05 AM.

Comment

I guess I need to go do a good deed. I've DONE good deeds but am too humble to claim them Oh well.

Johnny Bobbitt says he has only received $75,000 of the GoFundMe money raised to get him off the streets. The rest, he argues, has been mismanaged and spent by the couple who pledged to help him.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

Actually the killer drug is opiates. Strictly a middle to upper class drug. Meth and crack are the only drugs you can package at street level pricing, as little as $2.

BTW right now we're in the middle of the ride-share scooter apocalypse. I'll have a first person report soon.
                          no doubt, but it was good-meaning people (with no business getting involved at that level) who will probably end up going to jail..... then they're on the street too.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

no doubt, but it was good-meaning people (with no business getting involved at that level) who will probably end up going to jail..... then they're on the street too.
                            C'mon, a fifth wheel and a hooptie when all he wanted was a cottage and a 20 year old Ranger? Pretty brutal for "good-meaning".

Maybe my goal is too high. It's what I feel I can offer the ROI on. My situation is THAT weird.... 100%, 15 years or less or call Guinness. My family has scheduled summit talks Oct. 1.

Oh yeah. I know ride share electric scooters are eclectic talk for BS but I'm looking at some here that people are hoping to hack. Stay Tuned...
                            Last edited by RockJustRock; September 6, 2018, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Sigh.... 3 shares. Nobody willing to even hit the FaceBook button.

Comment

Working...
                              X