Dusting off the keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusting off the keyboard

Aside from an occasional contribution to BS message forums, I haven't done much writing. I used to write quite a bit for Fastest Street Car and Race Pages magazines from 2004-2009, but I just kinda got away from it. Finding different ways to describe a Fox body Mustang without upsetting the readers was becoming more and more difficult. So, I hung up my keyboard and microphone and just kinda lurked about on forums and FB, adding my posts and comments where applicable. It's been fun, but I've not really been challenged. I like a challenge. Have I mentioned that I drive Mopars? Yeah... sickness prevails in the Ward household....

Recently, I was asked if I would be willing to make a contribution to a weekly podcast. Just a 3-5 minute bit that could be of pretty much any topic within the automotive umbrella. "Sounds fun," I responded.

So, yesterday I sat down with my pad of paper and a pencil and put together an outline of what I wanted to discuss for my first podcast submission. Today, I formed and edited the content and finished it up. Tonight, we record it. I haven't been on a microphone for a day or two, so I may be a bit rusty, but we'll give it a whirl and see where it goes. When it's up and running, I'll post the link up here so y'all can see it. I'm not going to give away the subject, as I don't like being a spoiler. However, I will say that the topic is pertinent to pretty much all of us here at BS.

I'm excited.

And nervous.

And ready!

Have a great evening, and if things go according to plan, I should be able to provide a link by Tuesday for you all to see what the heck I'm up to.

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

YAY!!!! Go gettem Ron! Can't wait to see it!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Shoot - I thought maybe you played the keyboards as well!
      But hey, there is more than enough room in the hot roding world for someone that can actually write well!

Go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
        Shoot - I thought maybe you played the keyboards as well!

Man, I'd love to play keys... I also enjoy doing a bunch of other stuff that limits the time I could spend learning to play keys. Priorities, priorities, priorities..... Ya know?

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Recording tonight went well. The editor is gonna do the editing thing and hopefully it turns out decent. Although not back to my "A-game," I had a great time doing the piece and look forward to sharing it.

Comment

Interesting.... Do you listen to a lot of Podcasts? Just never feel like a podcast. Yet I suppose I'd like to do a podcast. It's kinda like BS is a blog, but I never LOOK for blogs, just real websites. Make sure it goes on FaceBook. I do a lot of things with FaceBook accounts I wouldn't do otherwise. FaceBook and LiveStreams. Just never really look for LiveStreams, they just find me. If YouTube ever decides what it IS, beyond a raving success and puts more front end on itself I could do JUST YouTube. But they won't and I won't struggle with it.

The "New Media" is SO quizzical. Still shaking my head over meeting a Roadkill fan who had never bought a copy of Hot Rod. Then *I* watch a YouTube video and the guy is going "Follow ME, Follow Me!" and I'm like "Why?". Without a home screen or newsfeed I'd still have to check YOUR feed because YouTube doesn't give me a newsfeed like FaceBook, seems simple enough to me...
            Last edited by RockJustRock; September 2, 2018, 05:06 PM.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post

Man, I'd love to play keys... I also enjoy doing a bunch of other stuff that limits the time I could spend learning to play keys. Priorities, priorities, priorities..... Ya know?
              If you like music, have the money and space, go buy a REAL synth. Greatest toy invented. I had one for years. Fumbled around playing along with music. Tweaked at the voices. Hell I even READ Keyboard Magazine for years before popping for one. Great magazine. Great gadgets. Also get a little mixer so you can patch in effects boxes and rack mounts. Run your stereo through it. Hours of fun for kids of all ages. F*** technique and theory.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Ok, now that it's official, I can tell you all what's up.

I was approached a couple weeks ago by Tony DeFeo about doing a segment for his weekly podcast on Uncle Tony's Garage. It was a fun deal and I look forward to continuing it. I'll be happy to keep you all posted.

Here's what we did, yesterday.

I hope you enjoy and can visit uncletonysgarage.com from time to time.

Comment

That's a GREAT piece of work Ron, well done!

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                    That's a GREAT piece of work Ron, well done!
                    Thank you, sir!

Comment

Ron please call me when you get a chance. I PMed you my phone number a while back, I'd still like to talk with you about fun stuff.

Comment

Shit.... Now I'm gonna have to go through my messages and find it. Lemme see what I can do!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
                          Shit.... Now I'm gonna have to go through my messages and find it. Lemme see what I can do!
                          Thank you Ron, it was a pleasure. Seeya at the end of the month.

Comment

17-in-1 ratcheting hammer saw, LOL! I have threatened bodily harm to everyone I know if something like that shows up with my name on it.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
                              17-in-1 ratcheting hammer saw, LOL! I have threatened bodily harm to everyone I know if something like that shows up with my name on it.
                              In all, that was one of the best pieces I've ever "heard." And Ron says there will be some more. I'm an instant fan, I'm not always one to gush.

Comment

Working...
                              X