No announcement yet.

Dusting off the keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful...I just added Uncle Tony's Garage to my quick access page on my phone....excellent!
    I can relate to the proud papa moment every time Sean fixes anything and the fact that he has taken on the family trade as a mechanic....whether it be as a packaging mechanic at work, or out in our busted knuckles garage fixing our junk....
    Last edited by silver_bullet; September 4, 2018, 05:44 AM.
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Hey Ron -
      Finally got a chance to listen to your Uncle Tony's Garage segment. Good stuff and I hope you keep doing them. I rarely listen to a podcast so I hope you'll continue to post the links so I can find 'em.

As a follow-on to your great article: I've been at this for nearly 20 years longer then you have and I have a theory that part of what's missing in today's world is the ability to lay your hands on something and to be able to say "I made (fixed) this!" Sitting at a desk working on a screen doesn't fulfill that need and a well-flipped burger, while it can be yummy, doesn't have the lasting power to fill that void, either (not comparing burger flipping (someone else's recipes and techniques carried out, robot-like, by the flipper) to being a skilled chef which is, I think, at a different level). So beyond the practical matter of making the car go again or getting the faucet to stop dripping there exists a more important ancient human need, the ability to lay hands on something that you actually DID. So good job to your son and his buddy. I'll wager he had a bit of a glow following that job and I'll wager they went somewhere (maybe in their house) for a victory Burger and a Beer. And good for his Pop for introducing the concept that he COULD do such things.

Whenever I sit down at the dining room table or any of the other furniture that I built, sit in/drive Mutt the Race Truck, or even just sit in Vanna the Van with the HHR seats that I worked in there, I have a feeling that I wish I could impart to all those kids playing video games. I don't think they'll ever get it unless they DO it.

Dan

Comment

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the kind words!

Here's episode 9 for those who are interested!

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Another great piece! I thoroughly enjoyed it!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Thanks! We're having a blast doing this. I should be able to post a link to episode 10 on Monday.
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

As promised, here's the latest installment. Prepare yourselves.... This is a LONG podcast.

Thanks for all the support!

Comment

Working...
              X