Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Going to Arkansas - June 7-9, 2019 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't met you yet Andy but are you SURE you want to do the Speedo thing? Not many of us can pull that off (I mean the look, not the Speedo).

Dan

Comment

• That doesn't stop 98% of the Europeans that wear them to the beach or pool

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post
        And one time, at band camp, .....
        .......are you going to be there in April or am I going to have to come all the way up there to the Frozen Wasteland to pick you up in a white pickup truck and give you a ride down South?

182 is possible. Everybody has pushed me forever, so I'm pushing YOU. More, more more.
        Last edited by Monster; December 2, 2018, 10:08 AM. Reason: - Moved to appropriate thread.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post
          That doesn't stop 98% of the Europeans that wear them to the beach or pool
          I've gotten used to watching Red's video, the one Stude took. Thank you Sir! I can't stop watching it. Holy Moley, that's fast. With "me" inside the car, I still can't believe I did that.

And Andy is going 30 mph faster than that in the stock Hellcat. If anybody has never attended an ECTA event, you're missing it. It's way out in the woods, but that's where it is. That's where it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
            .......are you going to be there in April or am I going to have to come all the way up there to the Frozen Wasteland to pick you up in a white pickup truck and give you a ride down South?

182 is possible. Everybody has pushed me forever, so I'm pushing YOU. More, more more.
            I'm planning to be there in April. I think more tape and some MS109 might get me to 182. I'll be sat on the start line with Eric, waiting for that maximum legal tail wind.
            Last edited by Monster; December 2, 2018, 10:09 AM. Reason: - Moved to appropriate thread.

Comment

• Although, I have 9" in wheelbase and 1,000lbs of "road-holding" weight over you - that helps. Reminds me of Ettore Bugatti's comment that Bentley made the world's fastest trucks.....

Comment

• I'll be heading down the track after turning up the boost controller a whole bunch!
                Last edited by Monster; December 2, 2018, 10:10 AM. Reason: - Moved to appropriate thread.

Comment

• I'm just surfing around and seeing what I can find. I took Red to land speed in Ohio for the first time quite a few years ago. It rained. But the Hot Rod Magazine coverage of it, Red was in two photographs in that issue of magazine. But they were both photo bombs. Red was seen in the background when they were taking a photo a real car.

Here's another one from Arkansas, actually a screen shot from a video that I think is pretty good.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Photobomb.jpg Views:	1 Size:	62.5 KB ID:	1223464

Last edited by pdub; December 4, 2018, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• After the September Arkansas event, I had a bunch of video. All of the runs from inside the car looked the same, of course. But Stude was moving around on the ground trying different angles with another camera.

And I paid about $40 for some split screen video software just to have something to play with afterward. This is the best I could come up with. The one on the left is the one where Stude ended up cussing at the camera while Red came by on the track. The one on the right, I'm certain that was the very same run. It took a lot of time and effort to combine the two, lots of cutting and editing and time calculations to synchronize them. And it proves that video editing won't be my next job, but it was a fun little project and it for sure doesn't run very long at all. But I truly believe this depiction is accurate, time-wise. Fun to play with.

Last edited by pdub; December 6, 2018, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• I wasn't cussing at the camera. I was cussing at ME.
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

• Got an ECTA email this morning, that outlined two interesting updates;

1) If you register now until the end of 2018, the 10-day advance notice policy will be waived. If you cancel, the entry fee will roll over to another #ECTAmile event.

2) 1/2 mile racing is available and all 1/2-mile records are OPEN.

2019 ECTA SCHEDULE
                        BLYTHEVILLE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
                        4701 Memorial Ave. Blytheville, Arkansas 72315
                        APRIL 19, 20, 21
                        JUNE 7, 8, 9
                        SEPTEMBER 27, 28, 29

If you register now until the end of 2018, the 10-day advance notice policy will be waived. If you cancel, the entry fee will roll over to another #ECTAmile event.

1/2 MILE RACING AVAILABLE! ALL 1/2 MILE RECORDS ARE OPEN.

Comment

• WOW! This is gonna be fun to see. And they didn't move the April dates after all, I was told they would. Which is fine by me. I'll be there every time. With wires. And cameras. What do I do with those cameras? Something for sure, in my spare time!

Comment

• I'm not much one for recognition. I'm one to just say, shucks, I was just doing my job. That would be me. Turn the cameras off, I'm no story.

A thing came in the mail today. I knew what it was before I opened it. I've got a few of these and yes, they are hanging on the wall in the living room. When you run in an open class you get one, 30 MPH or 300 MPH. Just for me to look at. There's one where Bluebelle went 131 in Ohio, that one was special. That car was not designed to go that fast. But I tampered with it and she did.

This one, this one is the one. I know how much time and effort that went into it. This is the one. And I don't even need to do that again, no bother trying.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010396.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1223625

Comment

• Way to go, Peewee.
                              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

• Originally posted by studemax View Post
                                Way to go, Peewee.
                                Thank you Stude. And thank you for the 50th time for being there, that was way too cool.
                                Last edited by pdub; December 6, 2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X