Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Going to Arkansas - June 7-9, 2019 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice accomplishment. I don't remember who said it (probably Keith Turk) but we only rent records until someone more serious than we are comes along. But while you have it - you HAVE it! Not everyone has one of those hangin' on the wall.

Dan

Comment

• Holding a record is awesome.
      Not knowing the person personally, but it sounds like the need for speed bug is still there, but the funding just isn't to keep moving forward.
      And that is the case for many in the car hobby.
      Could be totally out in left field and he set a goal, got there, and that was enough. could be.
      I've been able to walk away from the need for speed, but that monster comes back and the need to scratch that itch gets harder and harder to not do. So I scratch it..
      Last edited by Eric; December 6, 2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Say, what do you think the 1/2 mile record is for D/BFSS?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
          I've been able to walk away from the need for speed, but that monster comes back and the need to scratch that itch gets harder and harder to not do. So I scratch it..
          I don't want any of this to be about "me," I hope it's not. I hope it's about a subject instead. The need for speed.

I quit running road courses more than once. Gyadalmighty, Daytona was fun. Life-fun. Epic fun, awesome, being on that track. Awe inspiring to even drive on that track, let alone drive it as fast as you can go. And the weekend after that they ran the Rolex 24 on that same track and I watched it on TV. I didn't sleep for much of that "24." Glued to it.

I didn't know I wouldn't make it to my last road course gig. Thanks to BangShift I was able to hand that seat to Diane here and she loved it. Right about that same time it kind of all soaked in, that's enough road courses. I had finally done it enough and had gotten away it enough and had gotten passed on enough tracks enough times. When you move up in class in that league you get into young drivers with lots of skill and FAST cars. STUPID fast cars. It's safer to be going 20 MPH faster and leading that bunch than it is to have them passing you on both doors.

Yeah, it's all fun. Until it gets to be no fun or until it finally gets realistically scary. Perry and I have a grudge match set up for the spring at a drag strip. I hope I don't like it, that's the only thing I haven't done yet with that car.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post
            Say, what do you think the 1/2 mile record is for D/BFSS?
            There's not one, they are all open. Dang it Andy, maybe I'll run D/TRUCK after we get all of the sound equipment unloaded off of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

I don't want any of this to be about "me," I hope it's not. I hope it's about a subject instead. The need for speed.

I quit running road courses more than once. Gyadalmighty, Daytona was fun. Life-fun. Epic fun, awesome, being on that track. Awe inspiring to even drive on that track, let alone drive it as fast as you can go. And the weekend after that they ran the Rolex 24 on that same track and I watched it on TV. I didn't sleep for much of that "24." Glued to it.

I didn't know I wouldn't make it to my last road course gig. Thanks to BangShift I was able to hand that seat to Diane here and she loved it. Right about that same time it kind of all soaked in, that's enough road courses. I had finally done it enough and had gotten away it enough and had gotten passed on enough tracks enough times. When you move up in class in that league you get into young drivers with lots of skill and FAST cars. STUPID fast cars. It's safer to be going 20 MPH faster and leading that bunch than it is to have them passing you on both doors.

Yeah, it's all fun. Until it gets to be no fun or until it finally gets realistically scary. Perry and I have a grudge match set up for the spring at a drag strip. I hope I don't like it, that's the only thing I haven't done yet with that car.
              Ya, I get that. I don't like it when I'm on the highway doing ten over and getting passed on both sides. But on the track you have to have the mindset of trusting those around you, on the track. Most don't want to wreck and can't afford to really, The don't race anything you can't afford to wreck, sounds nice, but for most isn't the case, sure they can replace it but it hurts. The guy That has the funds to wreck and just roll out another are the ones that tend to take the most risk.

oh, ya a grudge race, here come the bait in the hook, It is super fun even in slowish cars. .

Comment

• 10% discount for 2019 events booked today promotion on ECTA website (during PRI show dates).

$436.50 vs. $485.

Also free rollovers to the next event if you book before end of the year and can't make the event.
                Last edited by Red_Kitty; December 8, 2018, 04:44 AM.

Comment

10% discount for 2019 events booked today promotion on ECTA website (during PRI show dates).

$436.50 vs. $485.

Also free rollovers to the next event if you book before end of the year and can't make the event.
                  They're working on it. My contact, Mike, has given me a lot of insight, they are really trying to promote the "show." I'll add some sound (or, we'll see if that works). There are/were a lot of gaps. As in, the locals in Blytheville such as they are didn't even know it was going on. Lots of opportunities.

I would be over-thinking it and assuming that I had anything to do with the new rollover policy. But I sent CJ an email just before the November event, "I don't have the right tires to run in freezing temperatures. Y'all have fun, seeya next year." Thereby, forfeiting my track fees. So, they are honestly working on it and I'm already excited to be some little part of it, if I can, we'll see.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	47498954_979323812266073_2185195286219980800_o.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	1223823
                    I'll have to ask CJ for the ECTA pop-up banner at the end of next season!

Comment

I'll have to ask CJ for the ECTA pop-up banner at the end of next season!
                      WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about that for your first time out?!!??!?! WOW!!!!! Well, you WERE the star of the show after all, that's too cool.

Comment

• Hi pdub

I've just registered for April. Should I put you down as pit crew, or additional driver? Or both?
                        Last edited by Red_Kitty; December 8, 2018, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Hi pdub

I've just registered for April. Should I put you down as pit crew, or additional driver?
                          Oh s h iiiiiiiii iiiii tttttt, are you seroius? No, you can't be, tell me you're not..... ohhhhhhhhhh s h iiiiii ttttttt ohhhhhhhhhhh ohhhh s h iiii ttttt

I'm supposed to be the sound guy, remember?

Comment

• That's OK, I need someone to test valet mode. It might even crack 100mph in the mile ........

The drag calculator figures it makes about 175hp max in valet mode, but it's limited to 4000rpm and second gear starts.
                            Last edited by Red_Kitty; December 8, 2018, 07:34 PM.

Comment

That's OK, I need someone to test valet mode. It might even crack 100mph in the mile ........
                              I've already got Sue Unit worried that I was going to be allowed make a full-blown pass in your car. I would for sure do it. Mine's maxed out. Thanks for saving me a fortune Andy. If I ever did that, a pass in your car, I'd have to have one, and the need for speed would be spooled up all over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

I've already got Sue Unit worried that I was going to be allowed make a full-blown pass in your car. I would for sure do it. Mine's maxed out. Thanks for saving me a fortune Andy. If I ever did that, a pass in your car, I'd have to have one, and the need for speed would be spooled up all over again.
                                Just like derby....

Comment

Working...
                                X