Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Going to Arkansas - June 7-9, 2019 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post
    Does it involve ....

Click image for larger version

Name:	6fdf8bef-e666-4e00-bc85-8799719623a1_1.9dc423620cb3fcb32c62b815a64c974e.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1224056

a chicken suit?
    Dang. How did you KNOW?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Us Brits are crafty (even though I'm third generation......).

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Us Brits are crafty (even though I'm third generation......).

Dan
        I just can't believe it.......I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight. But I can't sleep most nights anyhow. Dan, what instrument do you want to play in the band at the motel?

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

Andy, I probably won't have time to drive Kitty after all.
          BULLSHIT. Take it while you can, they can let you put a couple runs in surely?

Comment

• Looks like new dates posted on the ECTA website - April 26-28th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

BULLSHIT. Take it while you can, they can let you put a couple runs in surely?
              We need a spot in all the noise. It's all so much fun, it deserves a spot. I for one have pretty much maxed out at what a layman (not a career mechanic) can

CJ and I were on the phone for so long, I can do all of that stuff and more without running at all. I mean, a whole new deal. I'm there for a different reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post
                Looks like new dates posted on the ECTA website - April 26-28th.
                That's what I changed my reservations to.
                Last edited by pdub; December 10, 2018, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Dan, what instrument do you want to play in the band at the motel?
                  I just remembered - I have a vuvuzela in the basement. In Africa they are used for scaring baboons away from camps in the bush.

It's very effective - I haven't seen a baboon while camping since I started playing it.
                  Last edited by Red_Kitty; December 10, 2018, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

Perhaps this means you should be Colonel Turd Nugget instead of Chief?
                    I've PMed Troll Killer to demote me from "Chief" to "Colonel." We'll see if it takes. I'm all in favor of it. How much testimony is required to get demoted? HAHAHAhaH!!!!!!!

Comment

Dan, what instrument do you want to play in the band at the motel?
                      If you want to bring the E-Drums I'll thump on 'em though I haven't played in years. I'll toss in a set of my own sticks. (For non-drummers: sticks are a VERY individual thing and every drummer has his/her preference).

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

If you want to bring the E-Drums I'll thump on 'em though I haven't played in years. I'll toss in a set of my own sticks. (For non-drummers: sticks are a VERY individual thing and every drummer has his/her preference).

Dan
                        Hmmmmmmmm. That kit's too big Dan. And it requires another amplifier. Many Allen wrench joints required to break it down. I'll already be bringing a lot, I think, unless the Strupps don't want the PA system.

I'll add that to the list of things. If that doesn't work out, how about a paint can and the drumstick of your choice?

Comment

• Dan, that thing's not a toy. It was a tool. It's old, antique, but at the time it was a real tool. It's an item for sure. I don't mind breaking it all apart and hauling it but it would take forever to put it back together at the motel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010402.JPG Views:	1 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	1224119
                          Last edited by pdub; December 11, 2018, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• If I didn't already have TOO MUCH to bring I'd take mine. My E-set sort of folds up into something maybe 18"x36"x36" or so. Looks like yours doesn't do that. And yes, it needs an amp. Still easier to tote than my real set, which is HUGE. I was hoping that yours was more portable.

E-drums: Loosen the wingnuts on the 2 rear uprights and fold the two long horizontal pieces together.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.2 KB ID:	1224128

Acoustic set: Single bass but it (as we say in the horse world) stands over a lot of ground".

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0322.JPG Views:	1 Size:	221.0 KB ID:	1224129

Dan
                            Last edited by DanStokes; December 11, 2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Dan, so fold your kit up and put it in Mutt's bed for the trip. Or strap it to the trailer. Or something, I'm sure I have room for one more amp, which I will bring if you want to do that.

Comment

Dan, so fold your kit up and put it in Mutt's bed for the trip. Or strap it to the trailer. Or something, I'm sure I have room for one more amp, which I will bring if you want to do that.
                                Let me think on that...... Right now that seems like an impossible task as my head is in the house repairs but toward Spring it might seem like a good idea.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X