Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Going to Arkansas - June 7-9, 2019 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, below freezing !
    This morning I was walking around the pool in shorts, no shirt and barefoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
      Wow, below freezing !
      Well bless your heart.

But Steve, has there ever been a one mile event that you know of that was actually run under such un-temperate conditions? I'm most concerned for the young guys who think they can run a summer tire compound and they are fearless and just don't know.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Wow, below freezing !
        Isn't it nice Steve?
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Pumpkin View Post
          Isn't it nice Steve?
          Gotta love the Sunshine State, right Matt ?

Comment

• Gotta love the Sunshine State, right Matt ?
            At least the cold states aren't having to recount the vote because we didn't put the lying ass crazies in charge.
            Last edited by studemax; November 10, 2018, 02:45 PM.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

• Originally posted by studemax View Post
              ... At least the cold states aren't having to recount the vote
              Yeah - but you'all are challenged by only being able to count to 4 (as you are wearing mittens and boots)!

Comment

• Yeah - but you'all are challenged by only being able to count to 4 (as you are wearing mittens and boots)!
                Au contraire, folks up here in flyover country are made of tougher stuff. It was 19 this morning, and I still went grocery shopping in my gym shorts and a long sleeved Tshirt. And my camo ballcap from Truck Parts & Equipment....

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

• Originally posted by studemax View Post

Au contraire, folks up here in flyover country are made of tougher stuff. It was 19 this morning, and I still went grocery shopping in my gym shorts and a long sleeved Tshirt. And my camo ballcap from Truck Parts & Equipment....
                  When I was a kid, I had to walk barefoot in the snow, uphill and against the wind just to get to school. And it was the same thing going back home, that was uphill too. And against the wind. The wind changed during the day every day. It was always a headwind.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

When I was a kid, I had to walk barefoot in the snow, uphill and against the wind just to get to school. And it was the same thing going back home, that was uphill too. And against the wind. The wind changed during the day every day. It was always a headwind.
                    I had to do that but waist deep in snow in the heat of August, nothin' to eat but rocks (dirt hadn't been invented yet). AND WE WERE GLAD TO HAVE IT! Whipper snappers have NOTHIN' to gripe about, I'm tellin' ya! Besides, PW - that statement is supposed to start with "Hell" (as in, Hell, when I was a kid.....")

Dan

Comment

• From Andy:

Mind you, we had it tough! We were evicted from our hole in the ground.
                      We had to go and live in a lake......
                      A genuine Yorkshireman :-)
                      Last edited by pdub; November 10, 2018, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Anybody know when the next event is ?

Comment

• I don't think they've announced yet but I hope it'll be near the end of April. This year it was near the first of April and was FREEZING cold.

Dan

Comment

• Stupid Google Tricks....

I mapped it. When *I* was a kid I walked four tenths of a mile uphill, rain, snow or shine, to school. When a History Teacher moved in next door he would give us a ride ONLY if it was below zero, but his Valiant came without a heater. Of course when my brother graduated ALL that was after I was up at 5 AM on my paper route. I EARNED all my AMT, MPC and JoHan mocels, my magazines, my banana bike and my Mini Bike!
                            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Wow, below freezing !
                              Winter's here; 15 degrees forecast for tonight in Detroit.

Heading to LA Sunday night for a day or so. Must remember to pack Speedo for early morning pool strolls .....
                              Last edited by Red_Kitty; November 21, 2018, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post

Winter's here; 15 degrees forecast for tonight in Detroit.

Heading to LA Sunday night for a day or so. Must remember to pack Speedo for early morning pool strolls .....
                                Scuba tanks to breathe with too..

Comment

Working...
                                X