Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Going to Arkansas - June 7-9, 2019 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan and Mutt made it ...

Dan Stokes’ S10 is powered by an OM606 Mercedes Diesel — out of one of those stinky hippy wagons you see leaking stolen fryer grease “bio fuel”.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	111.9 KB ID:	1245241

Comment

• So Dan, how did it go? Did you break 140 mph?

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
        Dan and Mutt made it ...

Dan Stokes’ S10 is powered by an OM606 Mercedes Diesel — out of one of those stinky hippy wagons you see leaking stolen fryer grease “bio fuel”.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	111.9 KB ID:	1245241
        Um, no. Mutt runs a 5 cylinder OM617 from an '85. The OM606 is a 6 cylinder and would be REALLY tough to fit in that engine bay. How do I get the right info to them? But the pic is excellent. EDIT: Sent them an Email - we'll see what happens.

Andy - Nope. The gear change did as expected and lowered the tach reading but I ended up running more mid-130s as I don't have enough HP to pull the gear. Even when I bypassed the boost controller entirely I only got 25 PSI of boost and I NEED more! I went to the drag strip today and measured the pressure ratio (intake manifold pressure vs exhaust manifold pressure) so Tim at Tim's Turbos can figure out the next step to throw more boost at it. Email sent and the ball's in his court.

Dan
        Last edited by DanStokes; June 14, 2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Damn, that HP to MPH thing bites HARD when it bites. Anything left to try om injection or camshaft? Plumbing or head work?
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
            Damn, that HP to MPH thing bites HARD when it bites. Anything left to try om injection or camshaft? Plumbing or head work?
            That land speed thing is a whole game by itself. There's some mystery speed where you hit that invisible wall. I won't forget that Friday after I'd had Red's rear gear ratio changed in the quest for speed. First run he went low 140's. Dang, I've ruined this car, I thought it would be faster on the big end instead of slower. That whole day I kept on running without ever even thinking to look at the wind sock because I was just so excited to be there, almost like the first time ever. The wind. Which way is the wind blowing? I never even looked.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• I think by now it's no secret I'm not in the best of health. And Sue Unit is exponentially worse. I have better days and worser hours, but she has no better hours. It's hard to watch, but I'll say again, I have no regrets about it all. We're holding down the house and the house is falling down.

On the wall in front of this computer monitor I have race track photos and ECTA speed record certificates. While I was still working, that was my inspiration. I could look at the wall and think for sure, "That's why I work." It kept me going, that's why I work, to be able to do that again.

Now, I don't know, it's turned into something else. More like, "That's what I did." But that's okay. I haven't really accomplished anything at the race track other than racing against myself in open classes. I could have driven Red 30 mph in Ohio my first time out and have gotten a record, that was the inaugural event. That really bothered me, to a certain extent. I was actually very much relieved two years later when somebody beat my speed by about 17 mph. Finally, somebody saw that speed sitting there and went after it big time.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
              X