Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Going to Arkansas - June 7-9, 2019 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nine hours from Wichita to Blytheville? Odd... It takes me exactly 8 hours from Topeka.
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      There will be no bloodshed, I assure you (unless this is a subversive plan by P to lure me away to my death).
      my MIL lives in Arkansas, you never know, Pdub may have hired her to do his dirty work.... she's a former teacher... be careful buddy.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

There will be no bloodshed, I assure you (unless this is a subversive plan by P to lure me away to my death).
        I really don't believe that Pdub has a subversive fiber in his entire body!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Nine hours from Wichita to Blytheville? Odd... It takes me exactly 8 hours from Topeka.
          According to MapQuest, it's 9. But I drive fast....

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

I really don't believe that Pdub has a subversive fiber in his entire body!
            I can't even spell subu....subvo.....whatever that word is.

GPS says it's about 6 hours from here on the interstate (no, thank you) and more like 8 on the cow roads. Which is why I give myself two days to get there. But last time I didn't use it, the closer I got on the first day, the less sense it made to stop.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Y'all drive safe and have a Great Time! (pun intended)
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

One week out, weather forecast is GOOD.

Comment

One week out, weather forecast is GOOD.
                  Regardless, pack for both hot & sunny and cold, windy, rainy weather and you're covered .. because you never know. Have fun, it's a great event.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Regardless, pack for both hot & sunny and cold, windy, rainy weather and you're covered .. because you never know. Have fun, it's a great event.
                    If I had a dollar for every time I've traveled this time of year and had the wrong clothing.....it may not be a steak dinner but I could feed the family at Taco Bell. You'd think I'd learn the lesson, but apparently not.
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

If I had a dollar for every time I've traveled this time of year and had the wrong clothing.....it may not be a steak dinner but I could feed the family at Taco Bell. You'd think I'd learn the lesson, but apparently not.
                      Yep. The NC mountains, way up on the ridge, it fools everybody almost every time it seems. There we are again....dang it's chilly up here and we forgot to bring a jacket again. AGAIN. But, look at those poor folks over there from Florida parked in the minivan. The kids opened the side door and all poured out. Ten seconds later, they all pile back in the van and close the door behind them. Can't handle it, no clothes, no tolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Yep. The NC mountains, way up on the ridge, it fools everybody almost every time it seems. There we are again....dang it's chilly up here and we forgot to bring a jacket again. AGAIN. But, look at those poor folks over there from Florida parked in the minivan. The kids opened the side door and all poured out. Ten seconds later, they all pile back in the van and close the door behind them. Can't handle it, no clothes, no tolerance.
                        as a well acclimated Floridian - anything below 70* should be posted with warning signs as uninhabitable!

Comment

Went to a softball game at 8 am. (it's what grampa does). Dewy and wet..
                          By time 2nd game started hot and dry..
                          Now sitting by the heater...

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

as a well acclimated Floridian - anything below 70* should be posted with warning signs as uninhabitable!
                            A friend of mine in Florida refers to the rest of the world as being, "That frozen wasteland north of Tallahassee."

Comment

There is a whole BUNCH of the world that is NOT in the temperate zone. And yet we thrive. And we can beat your pansy asses, push come to shove. Just sayin.

Had a few wonderful minutes on the phone with P whilst I was enjoying a snack of strawberries and cream at my local Mexican ice cream shop. Making plans for Arkansas, should be a good time! ON TO BLYTHEVILLE.

Comment

The beauty of the East Coast Land Speed thing is, I'm gonna get my ass beat by about 100 mph, thereabouts, in the Arkansas Mile setting. And nobody really cares, I sure don't. It's all about fun. Go fast, be safe, have fun. That's what it is. That really is what it is. Been there,done that, I'm gonna do it again.
                                Last edited by pdub; September 24, 2018, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X