Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Going to Arkansas - June 7-9, 2019 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The squat is due to weight transfer under acceleration.
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      I'd frame that sucker too!

Dan
      I'm going back. They're doing it again in November, an added afterthought on the schedule. Cooler air. I want to bang on guitars with Ron again, and he'll be there. I want to go down the track again.

Don't expect any new numbers, just a heap of fun. What's Perry's tagline, if wait you're just getting older? I'm going back. I might do like Andy did in that Hellcat, just never stop. Run after run after run after run after run.....because we can. That's just too much dadgum fun.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• 160?? Nitrous?? Another run?? Sounds like the infection is not healed.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
          160?? Nitrous?? Another run?? Sounds like the infection is not healed.
          Naw, I don't have time to mess Red up anymore before that event. Just go back and do it again. That's too much fun. It IS. Unit is even threatening to go too.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
            Unit is even threatening to go too.
            Dang, that is going to make it even harder to miss this meet. But besides the $$, we're in the middle of house thrash as we had more damage from Florence than we thought and we have mold damage to fix in the music studio (new flooring, cut back the drywall, etc.) so my time will be going elsewhere for a while. Either we do it ourselves or wait MONTHS for a pro crew to get here. Between Florence and Michael there's NO ONE to do this work who isn't already doing it. So I'm IT!

Anyhow, give Sue a hug from us and get one for yourself!

Dan

Comment

• I can see......I'm still hurt up from playing with that QuckJack.....the next purchase, tomorrow or the next day will be a hand trucks to move those platforms around in the garage. We've got a toy one, a real cheap POS with square wheels. Complete the package. Work smarter, not harder.

Comment

Naw, I don't have time to mess Red up anymore before that event. Just go back and do it again. That's too much fun. It IS. Unit is even threatening to go too.
                Do yourself a straight. Check the tire pressures and play with them, EVEN a seemingly tiny bit. Can't count on a stiff breeze, try a stiffer fat tire.
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

Do yourself a straight. Check the tire pressures and play with them, EVEN a seemingly tiny bit. Can't count on a stiff breeze, try a stiffer fat tire.
                  Red's tires are too big and fat to start with for land speed. And I'm not willing to take the exotic brakes off of him to go to narrower rims/tires. Remember, this is called "fun." 100% fun. That's all it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Dang, that is going to make it even harder to miss this meet. But besides the $$, we're in the middle of house thrash as we had more damage from Florence than we thought and we have mold damage to fix in the music studio (new flooring, cut back the drywall, etc.) so my time will be going elsewhere for a while. Either we do it ourselves or wait MONTHS for a pro crew to get here. Between Florence and Michael there's NO ONE to do this work who isn't already doing it. So I'm IT!

Anyhow, give Sue a hug from us and get one for yourself!

Dan
                    At least it is only minimal damage to the house.... Glad you guys fared the storm favorably albeit somewhat bruised.... Take it easy and please don't overdo...
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Understood.... Then next step I would make would be to temporarily clamp the front coil springs down to lower the nose a bit....using this...

mind you, however, use of these would be only temporary! Not permanent! Dropping the front a bit would limit the amount of air getting under the front of the car.... while still maintaining "street legal" status... I would never consider using these for extended periods of time....make sure that they do not hit the struts as they could interfere with the operation.
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Red's tires are too big and fat to start with for land speed. And I'm not willing to take the exotic brakes off of him to go to narrower rims/tires. Remember, this is called "fun." 100% fun. That's all it is.
                        2 Lb. just TRY IT!

Comment

• 2 Lb. just TRY IT!
                          I tried that at Blytheville, Rock. Peewee wouldn't budge - left them at 36 pounds. Of course - he was smoking them going into 2nd, so that might not have helped. I'm thinking a chin spoiler would help the lift problem. I disagree with Ron about weight transfer in this case - Red was already moving fast. I think we can all agree, for Red to go much faster on the One Mile Challenge - it will take big changes to the car that would reduce his road racing ability. Frankly - the two disciplines rarely intersect in their needs. What Peewee needs to go faster is a dedicated land speed machine. Red is not that machine - it's a dual purpose racecar.
                          Last edited by studemax; October 20, 2018, 11:05 AM.
                          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

• O.K., now that I hear a NUMBER (PeeWee!) 36 Lb. is not shabby. I will always insist you won't find nuttin' on the bottom end. He could do a three gear Burnout on the bottom end and once in 5th, Bwaaaaa! Same MPH. A Mile is a long ways. That's why they call it a mile. We had THAT by a mile. Missed that by a mile. HP Drag. That IS LSR.

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

Understood.... Then next step I would make would be to temporarily clamp the front coil springs down to lower the nose a bit....using this...
                              Ohhhhhhh crap. Now I've gotta take the floor jack and the impact wrench and.......might as well throw the air tank in there too so it'll feel like we're going to a road race........ohhhhh crap. Ohhhh boy.........ohhhhhhhhh

Comment

• I'll have to do every bit of that at the track and then un-do it. Red won't make it into the Holiday Inn parking lot with his snout lowered any more than it already is. Will he Stude?

Comment

Working...
                                X