Just Call Him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Call Him

This is NOT a car story. There was a guy I grew up in with the neighborhood, we were the best of friends. He's a few years older than I am. Given that, I have no idea why he liked me so much. Older kids are supposed to scoff at younger kids. we.....well, we have nearly a lifelong history. Years and years and years of being the best of friends, with quite a few adventures woven in as well.

But then something happened. It was a thing of circumstance, about 500 miles apart on the map, It was not something I did, I'll not get into it. But it it tore us apart. And I didn't like it. We swapped emails about what was going on and then the communication completely stopped.......what the hell is WRONG with this? This does NOT feel good and I DON'T like it. I for sure want to fix this before I die. It's been maybe 3 or 4 years. Let's just go all the way down there and meet them face to face, and clear this up, we HAVE to.

So, two days ago, it fell upon me.......just call him. hear his voice, have a conversation. How hard is that? Just CALL him.

So I did, and everything was good as it ever was.

SO, call somebody. Don't just think about it. Call them. These days the bill is already paid, just call them. Stop waiting. It saves a lot of gas money, too.

Remember the phone? It's not just for for an internet search, you can actually TALK on it, too.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

This message brought to you by AT&T "bringing people together" (with that hot chick)
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

You mean like if you want to find out if a friend is going to Arkansas or not, rather than ask via a forum thread ?

Comment

Better off to bury the hatchet, than continue the cold war...nice move Pdub!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I prefer to be a hermit. I avoid social interaction with people as much as humanly possible and talking on the phone? Ugh, I'd rather be rectally violated with a glass covered cactus....
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
            I prefer to be a hermit. I avoid social interaction with people as much as humanly possible and talking on the phone? Ugh, I'd rather be rectally violated with a glass covered cactus....
            Whatever does it for you. What you do in the bedroom is none of my business.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Whatever does it for you. What you do in the bedroom is none of my business.

Dan
              Dan - he never said anything about where he would prefer the violation to occur

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                yet if it's a phone call, there is no paper trail.

and, of course, different 'strokes' for different folks - what you prefer is really what you prefer and not for us to judge. While I do agree that people are bastard coated bastards with extra creamy bastard filling, I think I'd rather them then fractile sodomy
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I was hoping this was a story about a friendship recovered. And the moral would be, don't rely on data as presented on a screen. Not every time at least. Not every time, not all the time.

But in my style, I wasted more bandwidth and I'm certain I'll do it again the next time I'm inspired. I just love and enjoy a place on a screen to do it. Did I ever say I love BangShift? If I didn't, I meant to.

Comment

If it is all possible I E-Mail rather than call. Both sides converse at their Leisure, ignore if they choose, NEVER get interrupted or interrupt. If you are anxious it is a pleasant surprise when someone responds. If they don't respond there is ALL that spam to make you feel like they might have. E-Mail is communication optimized for everything but time effectiveness, but I'm retired so it doesn't matter. Forums come close to E-Mail because everyone loves an audience. That is why "Look at MeeWee" doesn't bother anyone here!
                    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                      That is why "Look at MeeWee" doesn't bother anyone here!
                      Well, whatever. If it was a popularity contest, we should all be in politics.

I think it's all about inflection. We can type stuff on the screen, but aside from using uppercase every now and then, there's no inflection. Nothing beats a real conversation between real humans. It's a cure-all, if there were ever any questions.

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

yet if it's a phone call, there is no paper trail.

and, of course, different 'strokes' for different folks - what you prefer is really what you prefer and not for us to judge. While I do agree that people are bastard coated bastards with extra creamy bastard filling, I think I'd rather them then fractile sodomy
                          Then, it should be perfectly clear how much I like talking on the phone!

Also, don't forget the are deep fried in piping hot bastard oil and coated with a crispy, crunchy bastard candy coating!
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I'm still thinking about the glass-covered cactus. That's.....I'm not gonna sleep very well tonight. I'll probably leave the light on.
                            Last edited by pdub; September 6, 2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

After all these Bozos have chimed in (we're all Bozos on this bus) let me say I think it's great that you and your Buddy have reconnected. And I'll stick with a real phone call any day because, like you said, there's no inflection (to speak of) in an Email or text. That's why I have a flip phone instead of one of those infernal pocket computers (I realize the flip phone is pretty much a computer, too, but not so much as those other things). If you want to talk to me, TALK (my attempt at inflection) to me.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X