We lost Burt Reynolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We lost Burt Reynolds

I loved pretty much everything he did. My favorite movie of his was White Lightning followed by Smokey and the Bandit. I always thought he looked tougher without the 'stash.

Rest in peace Burt.

Burt Reynolds, Movie Star Who Played It for Grins, Dies at 82
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Ohhhh Nooooooooooo. DANG.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Dayum!

He and Jerry Reed will be raisin' hell upstairs now!
      They were the Han Solo and Chewbacca of the earlier generation!
      He and Hal Needham were two of the best stuntmen of that era as well....
      RIP You SOMBITCH!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Buford-T-Justice.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1214716
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

RIP Bandit !

Comment

At Gear Head Inn, they're set up to play movies outdoors, weather permitting. It's a neat deal. And Smokey and the Bandit is by FAR the most requested movie. It's timeless. I'll bet Jim and Mary have watched it 1000 times, and they laugh just as hard at every punch line every time. It's hard not to.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Saw it at my Mom's house earlier today, the early movies he did in westerns, suspense, and then then the White Lightning movies as Gator McCluskey, on to Smokey and the Bandit, and one of my favorites, The Cannonball Run, it was hilarious with him and Dom Deluise and the always gorgeous Farrah Fawcett. Rip Bandit/Gator
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

the world is a slightly less funny place. RIP Burt.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

rip..
                of course smokey and the bandit had most of my attention, my dad was trucking when that movie came out.
                my mom would think of him older..
                and my grandma even older.

quite an influence, 3 generations and counting
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

He was funny as hell in striptease.
                  Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Liked almost all his movies . I didn't like the cannonball movies or any of the smokey and the bandits after the first . They were too stupid and cornballish . It was like this worked before let's triple the stupid stuff and it'll work , we don't have to even try to be the least bit realistic . Westerns he was also great . And cop movies ......he was an excellent cop . Loved Sharky's Machine . When that dude was cutting his fingers off one at at a time . He played it tough and didn't scream but did have a slight whimper . Yeah , great actor .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                    X