2002 Ford Windstar Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Ford Windstar Review

I was going to take one in for gutting its wheel well like a 1980s tin can subaru wagon..
    just gone for no reason but tin can engineering.
    900 bucks. was goiong to work it one day and flip it for double
    112k miles.
    I checked codes needed simple things
    I looked up some parts it needed ..
    speed sensor
    fuel filter
    found the ridiculous ABS relay for 90 bucks..with my discount.

epiphany.

this is the biggest 1980s subaru ever, shaped like a van, KIA badge removed and turned into a ford.
    I then with doubts already sinking in...
    checked the sticker gas mileage on the door in 2002.

my truck at 5000 pounds and a v8 with 300hp does 2mpg better...
    in all directions.

if there was an emoticon with a middle finger. I'd leave it right here for Ford.
    not be a classic.. the fird windstar

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

I guess you won't be getting an Aerostar or Freestar either. BTW - All Windstar and Freestar minivans were assembled in Oakville, Ontario, Canada at the Oakville Assembly Plant.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post

if there was an emoticon with a middle finger. I'd leave it right here for Ford.
      I've felt that way about 16 times. But that's what we have, and that's what we have.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

A few years back the USPS auctioned off a bunch of SomethingOrOtherStar Vans on E-Bay. Next to no miles. One 5-10 block run a day on them. You wouldn't expect Postal Workers as serial vehicle abusers, but those things were in HORRIBLE shape body and trim. Got the feeling the sales were LONG before expected end of service life over maintenance issues on the whole fleet.
        Last edited by RockJustRock; September 7, 2018, 02:11 PM.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          A few years back the USPS auctioned off a bunch of SomethingOrOtherStar Vans on E-Bay. Next to no miles. One 5-10 block run a day on them. You wouldn't expect Postal Workers as serial vehicle abusers, but those things were in HORRIBLE shape body and trim. Got the feeling the sales were LONG before expected end of service live over maintenance issues on the whole fleet.
          I don't understand how 2/3 of the postal fleet ever survives from potentially getting hit in the ass, pulled over on the side of the highway. That's gotta be a dangerous job, I for sure wouldn't want it. That would scare me to death and I'm easily scared in certain situations. It's everybody else who I don't trust on the highway.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
          X