No announcement yet.

Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now the map shows ANOTHER one spinning up and going for Louisiana on Friday! Why no news on THAT? What did Louisiana do wrong?
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

This storm will still be a disaster. Category is only a measure of peak sustained wind speed. It will still have a huge surge and will deliver feet of rainfall.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        And now the map shows ANOTHER one spinning up and going for Louisiana on Friday! Why no news on THAT? What did Louisiana do wrong?
        because it happens there all the time... they're used to it and usually ready for it.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The media figures that if you build your city below sea level you're pretty much asking for it.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I think I've already made my opinion clear on weather "Disasters". The disaster isn't Mother Nature. The disaster isn't Global Warning. The disaster is some A-Holes who got degrees in Civil Engineering then cashed out to some OTHER A-Holes called Developers and Politicians and approved and built the stupid s**t we now call home. It's why 6 inches of rain will ALWAYS flood Long Beach. It's why in 2015 the city opened an expansive new courthouse and celebrated with a month of underground explosions and power outages from a inexplicably stressed utility infrastructure. Tiddly winks with manhole covers. The new SPORT of Million Dollar Home Mudslide Surfing. The whining "Well it was the WILDFIRE". No, it was YOU wanting to raise f***ing horses just for fun so you built your Ranch on 2,000 acres of sagebrush.

Musical Interlude

It's Allways The Same

Sick Puppies

Get It?
              Last edited by RockJustRock; September 13, 2018, 09:45 AM.

Comment

I rant and the news stories appear.....

Comment

It's gone again now...

Comment

I sure send all my best to the folks in LA, too. We're all in this together.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      I sure send all my best to the folks in LA, too. We're all in this together.

Dan
                      What? Has the San Andreas scheduled a party?

Comment

A different App called "Hurricane Tracker" is giving some provocative output....

Click image for larger version

Name:	HT.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	1215402

Comment

Anybody heard from Russel or Andy?
                          I thought Russel lives somewhere in that area and Andy has a beach house in Myrtle Beach (if I am remembering correctly)

Comment

Andy said several days ago he had moved everything inland to his house but from what I understand his son Ryan was supposed to have his wedding on the beach this weekend.
                            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                              Andy said several days ago he had moved everything inland to his house but from what I understand his son Ryan was supposed to have his wedding on the beach this weekend.
                              It looks like Flo is against this wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post

The media figures that if you build your city below sea level you're pretty much asking for it.

the media knows good news doesn't sell - which is a pretty damming concept for us, if you think about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X