Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

That Dan Stokes is a smart guy - he bought ocean front property before it became ocean front property. It's like the property I have in Arizona, I keep hoping it'll be beach property... though with my luck, it'd be on the wrong side of the break.
    My property is about 1000 feet higher than Tucson proper so with any luck....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Being quiet here. Having grown up with The Delaware River in the back yard I know how LONG it seems for the water to just GO AWAY. When we dug the foundation for our addition it became our dyke and we could sit on it and watch the icebergs float past every spring.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

So is Mr Stokes stoked to be home?

Comment

glad it went almost ok for everyone.
          the river bank people deserve it

even then, I saw mobile home so jacked up they made no sense..until this rain.

the poor people were smarter, saw cheap huts surviving in 4 feet

On another social network I guessed it long before it got there

maine is too warm, it will pop like a water balloon and drench...the wind is nothing.
          that was 12 days ahead.

I concluded.. I hope we get at least one squall squeezing out to maines coolness coming from the northwest.

and that is just what we got. one quick squall.
          nailed another one, from before start to finish

not sure where the panic comes from, the extreme warnings.. gov't related or something
          the worst hurricanes ever, aren't even florida.. itis new englands coast.
          A storm that kept going into the cold is dropping rocks for rain sounding like a freight train
          half the wind speed is twice the density

glad for everyone who faired ok
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I got home this morning, my wife will be here t his afternoon (she is with her dad in who lives nearby making sure everything is okay there). There are not many bridges open across the Cape Fear River. Even the ones on I-95 are closed. In fact I-95 is closed through much of North Carolina. Yesterday in traveling from Clemmons on I-40 I saw signs near Chapel Hill that said to proceed to exit 123 to get to I-95 south. This is 150 miles west from where I was and I don't know where the detour begins. I know for sure that I-95 is closed between exit 13 and exit 56. Can't get on I-95 in Fayetteville.

Things are good at the house. Saw three shingles in the back yard but don't know where they came from. Only standing water left is in the trees to one side of our property. No leaks that I can find in the house. We were lucky. Now to get back to work clearing out stuff from the refrigerator since power was out for a few days. I don't take chances on food that has been cold then hot then cold again.

I hope others that were in the clutches of Florence are as lucky as we are. If not know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Glad to hear that you fared well, thoughts and prayers for those who didn't... Hopefully, this will be the last big blow of the season...
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                Hopefully, this will be the last big blow of the season...
                That would be nice, but not likely... the season goes through November.

Comment

I feel like there is a joke in there somewhere.....
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post

I feel like there is a joke in there somewhere.....
                    That's what she said!

Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                    74 Nova Project
                    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                    79 Chevy Truck Project
                    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

That's what she said!
                      There it is.....

Comment

Working...
                      X