Nov. Hot Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov. Hot Rod

So I just got the latest magazine. I really only keep subscribing to give the next generations something Charlize but I'm not sure even at subscription prices I'm getting a good value with only 98 pages including adds . I think maybe they should send me another T-shirt or clock .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

They have been too busy filming video
    To which I have not subscribed.

Nick

Comment

That's more or less why I've had a subscription to Car Craft for the last decade but the latest editorial staff changes have left me out of the demographic.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Well, there's a photo of Victor's truck, bottom middle of page 26.
        Last edited by pdub; September 12, 2018, 09:57 AM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I was afraid that I was the only one who felt like this. I had a great time on Power Tour (my first) but the coverage of it in the magazine really was terrible. It in no way presented the event in a way that represented what the event was like. Most pictures were so small you could hardly identify what was going on. I agree with Dan in that we deserve more than one t-shirt if we are going to get our money's worth out of our subscription. I am very disappointed.

Comment

I have been on 3 PTs 10,12,17. This is the worst coverage I have seen.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nickleone View Post
              I have been on 3 PTs 10,12,17. This is the worst coverage I have seen.

Nick
              Sue Unit and I are not threat to do that, the Power Tour. And I'm pretty sure I understand what you're saying. All of those people, all of those hotrods, all of those miles, and only a few pages in the magazine that sponsored it. I "get" it. Sort of.

It's probably gotten too big. While the hardcopy magazine industry is shrinking.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Sooner or later the Kumbaya To Text and Photo conversion always breaks down.
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by nickleone View Post
                  I have been on 3 PTs 10,12,17. This is the worst coverage I have seen.Nick
                  Ditto, & I've been on every PT since 2008. PT should be a marketing home run for the HRM brand. The Nov 18 HRM is another example of terrible TEN management. My heart goes out to John McGann, I want him to do well.

There's too much smoking the digital pipe at TEN. Well run organization's execute ALL their available assets (e.g., live events, print media, digital media) comprehensively to create/build their products (e.g., automotive media) which leads to making $$. This is business 101

nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

I've still not had a chance to read it . Just kind of flipped thru it , so the lack of this or that hasn't even hit me yet . They seem to be sell ad space well so 98 page ain't gett'n it !
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Anyone catch the irony of the staffer comment in the November '18 HRM about how easily on-line forum information can be lost or deleted . . . Omitting that Hot Rod, Car Craft and the other TEN magazines unceremoniously killed off, hid, and then deleted all of their on-line forums (fora?) two or three years back . . . .

Curious about what Monster has to say about this as he was a moderator here and at the TEN forums . . . .

As for the complaints about the HRPT coverage, see http://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ban...wer-tour-issue
                      I spy a BangShifter at the bottom of page 26 all the way from Fancy Gap! :D

Comment

Curious as well .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post
                          Hot Rod, Car Craft and the other TEN magazines unceremoniously killed off, hid, and then deleted all of their on-line forums two or three years back . . . . Curious about what Monster has to say about this as he was a moderator here and at the TEN forums . .
                          No warning at all ... one day I'm banning spammers and the next day "Error 404 - Page Not Found" and that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

No warning at all ... one day I'm banning spammers and the next day "Error 404 - Page Not Found" and that was it.
                            Wow! Worse than being broken up with by text...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Wow! Worse than being broken up with by text...
                              Now that's funny .Sadly , it's true .
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X