No announcement yet.

Nov. Hot Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Tour venues. PT needs a venue big enough and WILLING to host. The Milwaukee stop in 2010 had not recouped the money they paid in 2012 last I heard.
    Hotels etc. I went on the 2010,2012 and 2017 PT. My buddy and I split the cost of hotels including one or two days on the road to the start we never spent more than $800 on hotels. We did not stay at the headquarters hotels. Yet there were plenty of PT'ers at every hotel to share a brew.
    Yes the HOT Rod mag coverage was dismal.

Nick

Comment

I subscribed to HR for about 3 years about 10 years ago. All they where saying put a LS in everything. Seems like they still are. Most of the mags have been pro-chevy for as long as I can remember. With a sprinkling of others thrown in here and there.
      Just s I was going to drop HR and subscribe to PHR. low and behold they stop production. The only real car magazine that showed the pro-touring side. IT was said that HR and CC would pick up the coverage that PHR did. Never seen it.

Tim
      '71 Buick Sportwagon running project
      '85 Ford Crown Victoria 2 dr. 2nd project
      2015 Harley Street Glide 103ci

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        Needs to go to a bimonthly format. And put in tech stories you can't get on the forums that killed the print mag, with the instant news. Places like this forum are what killed hot rod mag. As they have months of lead time . And the same info is on the net. Ten seconds after it happened . Mag's became like watching reruns on tv.
        The lack of tech stories was one reason I let my subscription lapse. It was becoming all photo shoots of high end builds. While I might be a bit jaded as to what constitutes a serious tech article, I have been trying to put together a couple of the sorts of tech articles I'd like to see for Grassroots Motorsports. (Shameless plug - their issue on the newsstand contains one of my articles right now.)

Comment

It may be like all things, outlived its lifespan. I was buying HRM off of the shelf when I was a kid, looking at all the gassers, and buying the Revell model car kits that went with them. That went on for a few years.

Then I subscribed to it a few years ago. Sue Unit said, "We get a free T-shirt if we subscribe." She loves free stuff. And the cost of the subscription was ridiculously cheap.

When I took Red to the Ohio Mile in April 2012, they did a real good piece about the event. My first hotrod event ever as a participant, Red got into two photos in the magazine. But both photos were photo bombs. Both photos, they were taking a picture of a real car, and Red was in the background.

I still get the magazine, I don't know how long I subscribed for. I thumb through it and look at the photos. I'll bet there's good stuff in there, but my only real problem is that the font is too small for me to read. I can't read a danged thing in it except for the cover without a magnifying glass.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
          X