What's your price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

yup. this, right here. this is exactly why ( although i REALLY need the extra $$$
    right now...) i have a growing pile of "f@ck it, trash it" parts--
    new in box dual 14" hurricane fans with the original receipt for $548, asked $300, best 'offer' was $100.
    a '62 pontiac cast iron T10 asking $400, best offer $100.
    2 ford pattern `15x8.5 torque thrusts asking $60/pair, best offer $20.
    set of 48" ladders asking $200,best offer $50.
    new in box 250# coilover shocks, asking $200/pair, best offer $40.
    9" ford rear 57 tbird 3.10 equatrac end to end brakes and all $300 best offer $80.
    etc etc etc.........

i ended up bringing it all home from the 'parts swap meet', and thats AFTER i
    tried crepelist and got so sick of dealing with idiots that i pulled all the adds.

so yup, imma hack & trash a LOT of stuff. oh well, the h@ll with them cheap b@st@rds.
    Here, let me help you.

List the "rare" t-10 for $4,000 for a week. 6 months from now, take a different picture and post it for $1600 (craigslist really helps this because they don't save pictures and you have to upload anyway)
    2 15x8 MOPAR Cuda Torque Thrusts, awesome shape also fits some Fords, alternatively, Mustang Bullit could work. $2,000 each. in 6 months, $850 for the pair
    scrap the ladder bars, no one is buying those and even if they do, you don't want to meet them
    9" Ford diffs need to be listed by width - otherwise, it's way too much work to google what will work.... same with the carrier, you need to list that separately - that you'd list as uber-rare t-bird and that goes on ebay with a $500 buy-it-now and will get sent to some guy in Sweden.

The biggest issue is you're being fair in the price, never be fair because it's not fair to you. And let's be clear, I sell 6.2 diesel trucks, while their reputation is recovering - they're still around for pennies, so I have to be clever to sell them. The suburban I just sold for 4k was listed for 12k 6 months ago. I took pretty much all the gear off (solar, batteries, electric a/c), jammed it full of its parts and sold it - and the guy was thrilled to get it because he saw one before and wanted it but didn't have 12k.... do you hear me now?
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 13, 2018, 10:39 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I think you missed you calling. You should have pursued marketing....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
        No he didn't.. He is too mean and impatient!

Comment

OR keep in mind..... Not much nutritional value in shredded or unused parts. They make crappy roofs too. If YOU were the low baller and not the boastful high roller you'd respect that. Don't hate, appreciate. Rowing a four speed down the highway with a Mr. Gasket "Off Road Use Only" V-Gate shifter I got for $25 was some of the bestest fun I EVER had.
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

So.... using the GM marketing scam and listing the Chevy truck to Denali Conversion kit for $10K then selling it for $5K is somehow beyond even SBG? Eddie Bauer conversion kit from a gutted Ford? Designer names, Designer prices?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

He is a little crotchety ain't he?
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                If YOU were the low baller and not the boastful high roller you'd respect that. Don't hate, appreciate....

um, NO. i will NEVER be the lowballer.
                i got more class than that, and my momma raised me right--
                dont insult, just dont bother them if you dont got enough.

i will never respect or appreciate dummies that offer $20 on
                a part im asking $100 for and goes for 3x that on fleabay.

aint no boastfull high roller, just not a classless broke @ss
                dreamer who wastes peoples time with stupidity.

Comment

Guilty as charged. I DO broke ass daily.

Comment

To my experience (and several low-ballers have admitted to me personally) the low-ballers operate on a simple principle.

That being "make money". Buy low and sell high.

See, they actually have no idea about the stuff you have for sale (hence all the dumb questions). Nor do they intend to learn anything about it - that's not their purpose.

They merely are trolling for people who are either desperate for cash, country-honest, dumb, or whatever else will cause the seller to accept their ridiculous low offer.

That's all they do all day, drive around, make low offers, pickup stuff from sellers, repeat.

Some resell at swap meets, pawn shops, flea markets, yard sales.
                    These dudes are also - again to my experience - 100% on disability, welfare, etc. They don't work (hence having the time to run around all over), and have other money coming in that not only keeps them afloat but also gives them extra mad money to waste on fuel chasing parts all over God's Creation.

Apologies to any honest recipients of disability. If you are on welfare, forget any apology - you already have my money, sod off.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

He is a little crotchety ain't he?
                      boy, feel the love.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                        To my experience (and several low-ballers have admitted to me personally) the low-ballers operate on a simple principle.

That being "make money". Buy low and sell high.

See, they actually have no idea about the stuff you have for sale (hence all the dumb questions). Nor do they intend to learn anything about it - that's not their purpose.

They merely are trolling for people who are either desperate for cash, country-honest, dumb, or whatever else will cause the seller to accept their ridiculous low offer.

That's all they do all day, drive around, make low offers, pickup stuff from sellers, repeat.

Some resell at swap meets, pawn shops, flea markets, yard sales.
                        These dudes are also - again to my experience - 100% on disability, welfare, etc. They don't work (hence having the time to run around all over), and have other money coming in that not only keeps them afloat but also gives them extra mad money to waste on fuel chasing parts all over God's Creation.

Apologies to any honest recipients of disability. If you are on welfare, forget any apology - you already have my money, sod off.

to which I say, make them think they're going to make bank when they pay retail. The Denali, the lowballers were higher then what I paid for it..... all because there's about a dozen or so on CL that are stupid (read dealership) money. they make the claim that what they're doing isn't wrong with the 'if I didn't, someone else would' - to which I respond, I got your money and now I know you're going to lose on what you bought because I couldn't sell it 6 months ago.

the ones that really get my ire, though, are the 'I'm a disabled vet so sell or give me your stuff so I can make money' .... apparently where ever they served had no pride - so it couldn't be someone from the US armed forces ..... so I don't care.

Comment

Again.... I'm a lowballer. I've bought computers from Flea Bay for opening bid and shipping and complained like hell when I saw some margin get rolled into the shipping cost. One thing I believe in when SELLING is a "Fair Trade" price. That is when the SOURCE of an item sets a price. Apple and Sony do it the most. Sony sells refurb at a DEEP discount to offset this. If you sell at Fair Trade you get a lot of customer returns because the customer IS ALWAYS right when the price is inflated. As a lowballer I love Sony refurb. I think Apple burns their returns.

Anyway when I sold computers I decided if it has a screen that lights up and boots into O/S it is/was $100. A few times I had laptop LCDs go out in testing or hard drives or monitors die and went in over $100 and still stuck by it. One time I got a like new laptop in it's case for $35. Seller didn't even know not to call it a tablet or list brand/model. Looked like he "found" it in a movie theater because movie times were on top in it's browser history. Still $100. When people stopped buying I still do a few charity deals to close friends at my cost, but hardly ever.

You get infected. In the 80s a Speed Shop in Chicago burned down and the salvage went to Delaney's in Baraboo WI. Speed Parts by the POUND. Weiand Tunnel Ram, two tops, $5. Another time a booming Off Road store kept selling race CAR stuff to 4x4 guys. Got my Holley intake and Double Pumper there

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

boy, feel the love.
                            Imagine what we'd say if we didn't like you!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

to which I say, make them think they're going to make bank when they pay retail. The Denali, the lowballers were higher then what I paid for it..... all because there's about a dozen or so on CL that are stupid (read dealership) money. they make the claim that what they're doing isn't wrong with the 'if I didn't, someone else would' - to which I respond, I got your money and now I know you're going to lose on what you bought because I couldn't sell it 6 months ago.

the ones that really get my ire, though, are the 'I'm a disabled vet so sell or give me your stuff so I can make money' .... apparently where ever they served had no pride - so it couldn't be someone from the US armed forces ..... so I don't care.
                              I only play the disabled Vet card on housing. Usually everyone around me is disabled and most are Vets so it doesn't let me raise much anyway.

Comment

Imagine what we'd say if we didn't like you!

Comment

Working...
                                X