The Pro Rod MOVEMENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pro Rod MOVEMENT

If anyone else has uttered that phrase I apologize, but I invented or re-invented it this morning on the fringe of a good nap. Watching Drag Week and other vids we are IN the Pro Rod Movement. Building something with just a sprinkle of Old Timey Hot Rod or Race Car and making it single digit wicked fast, preferably as fast as possible. The Ratty guys will try to take credit over, but in the end the slick looking guys will win out because being intelligent and refined they will get the wicked fast part MORE right. Very soon now they will be making it very HOT in here for even the FASTEST cars. Why worry and debate over if your roof and fenders are steel, fiberglass or carbon fiber when you don't even NEED a roof or fenders? Why worry about if your car is center steer or left hand steer when the only consideration is limited visibility from behind a huge engine, being between two huge tires and whether you want to give out rides? Prep, No Prep matters very little when you weigh right around 2,000 Lbs. and pack rubber in square yards. Aero will have to be worked back in eventually, but BOY will it be fun getting to THAT point!
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

I'd love to be part of the ProRod movement. I'm sure my wife will join too.

Of course, first I need to abandon my membership of the ProJackstand movement....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

The Pro Talk About Your Junk AT the Fairground Movement?
      Last edited by RockJustRock; September 13, 2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I would be happy to join the "pro-no rotted panels on your piece of shit Mopar" movement but alas, time and a broken welder have foiled my dreams.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

What the hell... I do the crap out of Pro Keyboard.

Comment

Working...
          X