Riding BITCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding BITCH

I LOVE fast cars. But I decided or realized years ago I'm better off not riding in fast cars going fast. Start working that steering wheel and those pedals hard and me not having ANYTHING to work or hang on to and I'm outta there. The old story of the large bill on the floor or dash and the challenge of grabbing it in which gear at full throttle is NOT fun. Being restrained by G-forces OR handcuffs is not fun.

Now cruising a fast car.... THAT is fun. An interesting assortment of noises. That THREAT of imminent violence. Like walking through a section of a Zoo with dangerous creatures behind barriers. Good fun. But anything more than a parts considerate burnout and a dry hop or two, COUNT ME OUT.

Public Service Message: "Be Considerate of Your Victims in THAT THING!".
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Dan Barlow should have some interesting commentary on this one.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Going 8 ft up a tree backward in a 500 horse factory Gt500 is not fun . Things can go bad in a hurry . My ride only lasted just under a quarter mile .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

what is it with people? I posted a picture of the 808 that a friend bought and worked on in my shop. I've gone for one ride in the car and it broke. THANK YOU JESUS for sending the extra contingent of guardian angels out. The guy already drives like a nut, but this car's power to weight ratio is pretty good and it's well beyond his skills. Worst of all, the person he bought it from had no idea how to build a car, let alone properly set up the suspension so my opinion of him is even lower (and concern level was even higher). Thankfully, about 1/2 mile in the throttle cable let loose - so we had to limp it back with me operating the cable.... did I mention it also didn't have seat belts?
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 14, 2018, 06:59 AM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Looking back, I feel kinda bad for my friends that would ride with me in high school. I would not say that I had a death wish...it was more like a lack of regard for my own personal safety or the safety of others. How none of us died is still a mystery to me.
          Last edited by JOES66FURY; September 14, 2018, 08:24 AM.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
            Riding BITCH
            Isn't this term specific to motorcycling ?

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Isn't this term specific to motorcycling ?
              Somehow Riding Shotgun didn't seem to fit my take on things.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                what is it with people? I posted a picture of the 808 that a friend bought and worked on in my shop. I've gone for one ride in the car and it broke. THANK YOU JESUS for sending the extra contingent of guardian angels out. The guy already drives like a nut, but this car's power to weight ratio is pretty good and it's well beyond his skills. Worst of all, the person he bought it from had no idea how to build a car, let alone properly set up the suspension so my opinion of him is even lower (and concern level was even higher). Thankfully, about 1/2 mile in the throttle cable let loose - so we had to limp it back with me operating the cable.... did I mention it also didn't have seat belts?
                808? Best Drum Machine EVER?

Click image for larger version

Name:	rb808.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	1215481

Comment

Working...
                X