Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sema 2018

entry paid, flight reserved, hotel reserved.... should be fun

and the funny part is rather then fly, I may be driving.... 17 hours a direction (which really means 20 or so hours).
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

What's good for the Trade Shows is good for the industry. But I feel bad when a trade show "goes public". CES Consumer Electronics Show is strictly Trade Only. COMDEX is open. Which gets the most new product attention? COMDEX has been superceded by other offshore Trade Only Shows. But by all means enjoy your trip! I keep getting NAMM and NARM mixed up. One is instruments and the other is Recorded Music. Get stuck working a booth at a Trade Show, having to BE there and possibly the boss doesn't farm out set-up and tear down. If your samples STILL need to be packed if the display doesn't. They lose their lustre fast. But say Hi to Big Chief, Richard Rawlings, DF, Finnigan, Brian, Bryan and Chad!
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Do me a favor though. Seek out the weird. At Trade Shows booth guys have the definitive answer to EVERY possible question except some obvious ones. At the Garn Prix I ran into these guys:...

Most people were avoiding him and just shaking their heads. Solenoids unreliable? Nope. Too complex? What about coil on plug or direct port EFI. Seat pressure at high lift? No valvetrain weight, just valve, no seat pressure needed. When I got to well it would be killer on a Harley they have an AWFUL valve train he said "Too small a niche, we want Detroit.". I wished him luck and moved on. We still use cams.

Comment

hmmm... public, what isn't public is what I do in the auto industry....
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

You sly dog you. You made this sound like a first trip there.

Comment

Someone probably incorporated his garage as a horrid shop . He does know a half decent attorney that would do it for cost . Maybe use it as a tax write off .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

It's hilarious what one can type on 3 hrs sleep and no glasses on his face I found it funny anyway so I'm leaving the previous statement for all to see but I meant to say hotrod shop . Actually it looks like the auto correct set me up .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
              X