Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing Machine, Clothes Washer on the fritz. Who loves their washing machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdub View Post
    I was at a training conference...it's been.....QUITE a few years ago now. I sat next a guy from Maytag/Whirlpool, etc.... He said they'd had a visit from, shall we say, a high-ranking government official. The directive to them was to start making hard goods (washers, dryers, refrigerators, ovens, etc.) such that they only last 5 to 7 years... we've got to keep the economy going.

Just throwing that in, as was told to me by a guy I didn't know.
    It's called planned obsolescence and companies have been doing this for decades. Remember Cash-for-Clunkers? That was a government program to entice consumers to spend money to improve the economy. It was also supposed to get "gross-polluting gas-guzzlers" off the road. My newest vehicle doesn't get nearly as good mileage as my other vehicles that are five to seven years older and all are built on truck frames with similar engine sizes and gearing.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I'd go to a BIG CoinOp Laundry or Apartment Building Provider. Buy one of THEIRS. They have the BEST mechanics. Pay them decent if it ever needs fixing. They know how to install them so they won't shake or break.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1216377 So some closure to the Washing Machine saga.

New Commercial grade Maytags, both washer and dryer. Big drum large capacity, 10-year warranty, and as Analog as can be found. Not cheap, but not chinsey either.
        Last edited by STINEY; September 25, 2018, 08:35 AM.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
          Big drum large capacity, 10-year warranty
          Great choice. But the warranty, they'll pay for that. Keep the paperwork. Rocks don't even last ten years these days. And see how hard they fight to not honor that warranty. I apologize, I'm pissed off about our 3 thousand dollar three year old fridge we're going to have to replace. It's still cooling, today at least. Later today or tomorrow is in question.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

What they ask for,for the new water saving washer,drier sets are highway robbery. That said, I'm knocking on wood that our 'wasteful " pair keep going,not sure you can even buy them in the state of cali. Anymore I do have to look at our dishwasher, it will not drain. Most likely the pump. It is 18 years old. It is sad that a pump most likely will cause it's replacement . As far as drivers go I'm thinking of putting the closeline poles back up. Was good enough for gramma . The Pail and ribbed board can just look good in the corner though.
            Last edited by Eric; September 29, 2018, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Great choice. But the warranty, they'll pay for that. Keep the paperwork. Rocks don't even last ten years these days. And see how hard they fight to not honor that warranty. I apologize, I'm pissed off about our 3 thousand dollar three year old fridge we're going to have to replace. It's still cooling, today at least. Later today or tomorrow is in question.
              KISS.... Less shitz to go wrong.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1216377 So some closure to the Washing Machine saga.

New Commercial grade Maytags, both washer and dryer. Big drum large capacity, 10-year warranty, and as Analog as can be found. Not cheap, but not chinsey either.
                Those are badass. We bought a commercial grade Frigidaire washer & dryer when we moved here 14yrs ago. Same thing, analog and large capacity "BIG drums". So far so good (knock on wood).. I think when those crap out I'm going to buy Speed Queens. My buddy Chris bought laundromat grade Speed Queens when his old Maytags died and he loves them. They were expensive as hell but he said it was totally worth it.

Comment

y'all are high-fiving a wash machine? boy, look who's been domesticated. Does your wife let you out to play anymore?
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Less time spent dinking with appliances means more time spent in the shop.

And wife is thrilled. How often do we get to thrill our wifes after 19 years?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      y'all are high-fiving a wash machine? boy, look who's been domesticated. Does your wife let you out to play anymore?
                      I like clean skivvies..

Less time spent dinking with appliances means more time spent in the shop.

And wife is thrilled. How often do we get to thrill our wifes after 19 years?
                      10yrs for us, and the thrill is temporary.

Comment

Well, we need a new fridge. I won't go into details, other than the one we have is the 3-year-old 3 thousand dollar model that Unit wanted, and by now we both hate it and it's already quit one time and it may very well quit again the next time the power goes off for maybe a half second.

Here's the reason for a rant. We can go, way less than two miles.....we can go to Lowes and/or Home Depot and stand there gawking in the whole stadium-sized area full of refrigerators..... we can go there and think about it and pick one out, it doesn't matter which one. Any of us can pick one out and say this is the one, they'll tell you the expected delivery time is in December. WTF is UP with that? Why do they have so many on the floor if they are not actually selling them? WTF?!?!??!?!??!?

Okay, sorry, rant over. But told for the truth.
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Pretty sure our next fridge will be a Bosch.

Comment

Working...
                          X