No announcement yet.

Home Ownership is Great! *implied sarcasm*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at it this way: everything you do for your home/yard/wife, is part of the sweat equity you build into the property. If you sell, it pays off. If you stay there for life, it is 'home', and you built it. No worries.
    Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 19, 2018, 05:04 AM.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

My questions are... What does little wifey actually DO with all that cupboard and counter space they insist upon? Cookware? Canned goods? Provisions? Small Appliances? Then after building that grand STAGE how many put on a DISPLAY of cooking expertise? And how many just throw the cardboard boxes in the microwave?
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Homeowner's insurance: Scammed by Hartford. Seems the company whose premiums were paid through the regular house payments had been discretely jacking up coverage amounts until they exceeded the total value of buildings and land, and included 600K of belongings. Yeah I don't think we have 6K of belongings much less 600, and obviously while buildings can be destroyed the land cannot and if you know insurance companies, no claim is paid unless damage is proved so bottom line is they would never had been on the hook for more than a fraction of the amount they were charging for and they knew it. All fogged over through the mortgage so not uncovered until now. The agent's approach to dealing with all this is to simply stop returning calls, so I'm sure they were in on it if not the instigators. It had been indicated that premiums would be going up much more, but now that they have taken the money it appears as though they'd rather just cut and run.

Happily, Geico and Travelers have set things on a more even keel. I may still have problems because of trees and the amount of cars around here, both of which in fact need to be cut down a bit. Meanwhile what do we do about Hartford? I can't imagine chasing them down will give much return for the trouble. (Although I should say, I'm positioning to...first we'll see if they jump when I clap my hands...)

Something to think about when you're dealing with all this, keep an eye on what you're covered for. Some policies are written light to keep premiums down so as to compete with other companies and then don't pay enough if your home is destroyed, others may be like our old deal.

Meanwhile, what grand thing is there for me that I need to do right now? Well, mow the damn grass. Home ownership, yeah. Still beats a landlord walking in the door.
        Last edited by Loren; September 19, 2018, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Truth be told, I am just lazy. Lazy, plain and simple. I don't want to do things, I just want to sit and veg or read. She's all about a pretty house and I'm like, my head aint getting wet when it rains so I am good to go, babe! She does not see it that way.

I cannot complain too much. She tolerates the derelict cars, tool purchases, parts purchases and the frivolous motorcycle payment so, I figure getting my fat ass up out the chair and building a small shelf in the bathroom is a small price to pay.

Other than the fear of being shanked in my sleep she's a keeper and apparently I am a jack of all trades, master of none.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I have most of this filled in, but not enough to finish the house without a pond under it. So I am stuck in the shack for another winter. Yo ant a list? How about tear apart the old hose and reassemble it 40' away in a completely different configuration? Next year since I have rain, rain, more rain, and dd I mention rain?

I dug down to the rock and put my foundation right on it. Leveling it all was kinda fun. I put the truck there to make it easier to unload the cinder blocks. Its a 30x40x2 hole that is now mostly filled, need about 8 more yards to have water slope away from it. Fun stuff.

Wanna trade? I keep my debt, you keep yours, and we switch houses?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post

Wanna trade? I keep my debt, you keep yours, and we switch houses?
              Nah, I've learned that the grass aint always greener....

Although...we've been discussing getting the hell out of here. We both want a change of scenery....I applied for some gubbment jobs in Missouri....we'll see how that plays out.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
              X