The Greatest Barbecue Sauce Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest Barbecue Sauce Ever

I'm not kidding - the greatest barbecue sauce ever, and you don't have to buy it.

We had pork back ribs tonight. Straight off the grill. Fantastic. By the clock, one hour twenty minutes. With 30 minutes to go, start smearing this stuff on them with a brush, about every 8 or 10 minutes:

HEINZ Ketchup - a very big glob in a bowl
    Olive oil: A great big splash, not too much
    French's Worchershire sauce: A huge splash, lots
    Distilled vinegar, another huge splash, make it all float
    Garlic powder - lots
    Onion powder - lots
    Salt - a whole bunch
    Black pepper - a bunch
    Brown sugar - a bunch, enough to piss off the other ingredients in the bowl
    Ground red pepper - a shake or two.....be careful

Whip it all up in the bowl.

I'm gonna start marketing this stuff, it's just too GOOD. Just sayin.....my next career may be in barbecue sauce. And please don't share the recipe..
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

yum, dinner
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 24, 2018, 04:41 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Ummmm..... Kraft is 99 cents.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        And you get what you pay for.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

NO WAY would I use ketchup in a BBQ sauce..... Besides, I'm a rub guy. I have a mix I call Lucky 13, and lots of guys around here have tried it and given me a thumbs up on it. Using it with mustard gives it a great kick!
          Last edited by studemax; September 24, 2018, 06:30 PM.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Yeah, but those were some ribs to die for. I mean, they were good. I've got the ingredients written down, but the proportions.....I'm not so sure the "how much" is all that important. Just throw it in and mix it up. Only just sayin.

Comment

water
              light corn syrup
              tomato paste
              vinegar
              molasses
              brown sugar
              liquid smoke
              salt
              onion powder
              garlic powder
              black pepper
              cayenne

Kicker sauce. Measurements are my secret.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I won't buy ribs.... Don't want to pay for the bones. The only meats I buy with bones in them is chicken and ham.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                  I won't buy ribs.... Don't want to pay for the bones. The only meats I buy with bones in them is chicken and ham.
                  It's primal Stude. The need to grunt while you chew the meat off of the bone. Caveman stuff. Get with the program, seriously.

Comment

Smokin' Butt BBQ sauce, local brand... lets me concentrate on smoking...BTW, I agree with Studemax on using a dry rub first.... Famous Dave's Rib Rub..Tammy doesn't even want to go out for BBQ if we're going to be close to home....2 racks of ribs in the fridge for me to smoke on Saturday...
                    Damn...you guys have made me hungry at 0730....
                    Last edited by silver_bullet; September 25, 2018, 05:30 AM.
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I made a pastrami out of this corned beef - rubbed with mustard and my Lucky 13 rub, then lots of smoke....
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	BEEFED 002.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	1216370
                      Last edited by studemax; September 25, 2018, 07:13 AM.

Comment

I make my own rub and my own sauce. I'd tell you whats in it but then I'd have to kill you....and eat you....with my rub and sauce....
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                          Yep, and it's good. Here's the deal: Tannin. After 20 years, Sue Unit figured out why/when I get all crippled up. She diagnosed it and she fixed it, she sure did. She did what no doctor could ever do, she figured it out. My body (and ONLY my body), and nobody else's body has a severe reaction to tannin.

When I was working, I was on call once every five weeks. That pissed me off 3X. Now I'm "at work" 24/7. No beer. and I'm gonna get crippled up while on duty because I can't have any beer. Well, what Unit realized was during that week I went from beer to tea. I'd drink a half gallon or more of sweet tea every day and by the end of the week I was all hurt up. Hurt up somewhere, hands, feet, neck, back, shoulders, misery. Yelling OW and can't sleep for the pain. Tea is at the TOP of the tannin list.

Tea is the worst - tannin. Nuts (I'd eat whole cans of mixed nuts), mustard, corn, smoke (real or liquid), barley (bread), most spices (i.e. paprika, etc), coloring (annatto is the dye in yellow cheese). The list goes on and on. Barley is big in beer but when they boil it the tannin goes away, I guess. Otherwise I'd be bedridden.

Not long after I got retired, we went to SC seeing everybody. My great friend I used to make music-racket with, he had steaks laid out on the counter. He grinned - you taught me this, he said - liquid smoke. Ohhhh shit. I didn't say anything and we ate it. A few days later my right hand swelled up like a balloon and that's when I had to give that road course track day away, I couldn't drive that way.

SO, I'm not all that artistic and creative that I think that I have to make my own barbecue sauce. But I challenge anyone - go look at the ingredients on barbecue sauces at the store. All of them have liquid smoke in them, or they ain't good at all.
                          Last edited by pdub; September 25, 2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

This just in from Benton County Sheriff's department. I think we can claim "lunch"

FOUND COW

Monday night a brown cow was found wandering the streets in the Finley area. A local resident agreed to keep the cow in their pasture until the owner was found. If you are missing a brown cow or know who is, please contact the Sheriff's Office at 628-0333. Reference case #18-15305.

Photo is NOT the actual cow, just a similar reference.

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and nature

Comment

and yes, the Benton County Sheriff just profiled a cow.

Comment

Working...
                              X