X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan stokes, calling mr stokes

Are you and ME alright?
    Back home hi n dry?

They were not home so they are alright . And I believe he has posted since the storm . But my guess is if he is back home he has some work to do . If I remember correctly he's away a mile or two inland probably high enough from the ocean , but I'm not recalling how close to a river .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Y'all beat me to it, by hours....where's Dan? I proved in Ohio, my phone will not make Dan's phone ring when we are less than a mile apart.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Hey Dan , It would be good to know if your place came out ok .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
          Hey Dan , It would be good to know if your place came out ok .
          Dan Stokes is okay. He's on the expressway trying to get back home. He's okay. No evaluation on material things, he's not home yet, but he's okay.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Here's to hoping he is high enough.

Comment

Hi all!

1) First let me say THANKS! to all who expressed concern, both on here and thru phone calls and/or Emails.

2) We're all fine though King is pretty tired of riding in the van. It was long time away from home. We ended up staying at a friend's house outside of Ann Arbor MI and about 5 miles from our set of Michigan Grands so they got unexpected Grandma (ME) and Grandpa Dan spoiling.

3) VERY little damage to our place. A bit of water intrusion and some musty odors that we'll tackle along with a few pieces of siding that decided to leave but all-in-all, amazingly little. Our wonderful next door neighbors live in, essentially, a grove of trees and 3 of them decided to come thru their roof so their house will be uninhabitable for who-knows-how-long. We're now feeling pretty smart for buying a house with no trees on the property!

The most amazing thing to me is the built-in resilience of human kind. There are areas in Wilmington with (as you can imagine) huge amounts of damage and folks are simply picking up, cleaning out, and getting on with it. People bounce back and don't seem to give it much thought. I was at Lowe's today picking up a piece of plywood (nothing major, just replacing a moldy shelf) and the place was packed with folks simply getting on with their lives. I didn't hear any whining and grumbling - just moving forward.

We have NOTHING to bitch about!

Dan

Comment

glad to hear of the minor annoyance.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Do glad to hear that your lose was minimal . I was afraid the mustang would get the dust washed off if the roof came off the shop . That could be a lot off money when someone " barn finds " it .
                  Last edited by Dan Barlow; September 27, 2018, 01:56 AM.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

good to hear all is well.

I sure wanted you to come see Drag Week, but when I heard that there was a hurricane heading your way, I realized you had more important things to deal with!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Glad to hear you made it back!
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Dan, in the Arkansas thread you mentioned flies and fly paper.. I'd suggest bag traps that have a little yellow house up top, you add some liquid and after some time it'll stink but you will catch flies! Works way better than paper! We use them here in town and in the barn on the farm

Comment

it's really fun when the dog gets ahold of one of those bag fly traps
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            it's really fun when the dog gets ahold of one of those bag fly traps
                            Or you drop it and it spills on you....

Comment

I'll see what I find.....

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X