Checker/Rally's VS. Sonic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checker/Rally's VS. Sonic

Arby's just bought Sonic, so while the brand is still independent, which is better? I don't have the honor of living anywhere near a Sonic so I'm out. Checker is doing $.69 cheeseburgers all day (max 10) is why I bring this up at all.

Gotta wonder what will happen when James Earl Jones gets his hands on the Sonic dweebs!

Click image for larger version

Name:	sonic.jpg
Views:	1611
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1216460
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Arby's does roast beef, Sonic does chili dogs and burgers. Who's best? In-N-Out.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I like Jimmy Johns...
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I'm a little annoyed at In-N-Out lately. The waiting time for a shake, fries and a cheeseburger, which they should be expecting ahead of time that people might order as that's all they sell, has gotten to be over the top. I dropped into one at Lake Elsinore last time I had to run up to L.A. and it took them four minutes per car to process simple small orders, with eight cars in front of me that was over a half hour just sitting there waiting. I could have made the food myself in less time, including turning on the stove which presumably they have to do only once a day. Employees were happily chatting to each other in there doing nothing of consequence as far as I could see. Since the last half-dozen times I'd been to one also involved ridiculous long waits for simple orders I finally complained and got an immediate e-mail back, to which I responded and got another immediate e-mail but from a different person, indicating they have a policy of quickly returning e-mails from whoever to whoever; but you won't get the same person twice so it's not like your having an effective conversation. I do like the food but it's just not worth the wait. To In-N-Out: That guy out there is going to order a cheeseburger. It's easy. Just put another patty on the grill when you see a car pull up. Don't wait 'til he's at the window to start making the food you knew he was going to order.

So anyhow, it's been Taco Bell for awhile now.

Comment

When Rally's popped up 30+ years ago in this market it was all the rage. I haven't had Rally's in 25 years and don't see that changing any time soon. Sonic has better food, imo, but I'm not into fighting the elements for my food and the closest Sonic is 25 minutes away so the food is cold by the time it's in the same zip code as my house.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

The last three times I went to Rally's I didn't get anything. Twice I kept waiting and waiting till I gave up . Once a girl came out of the building and canceled our order because it was just her and another person . I won't be back . Love Arby's, Subway, and if your in a hurry nobody is faster than JimmyJohns . I always go inside there but they usually hand it to me before the cashier gets it rung up .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I'm at 278 lbs so my weight delete program requires I steer clear of all the burger and sandwich shops. I treat myself every once and awhile to a burger but don't have them enough to judge . All of those listed above are to far fro. My home in cali. Anyways. But there are in and out everywhere.

Comment

I always liked White Castle/ Krystal and usually got a dozen sliders and a bowl of chili for dipping sauce ... ahhhhh.

Comment

Hopefully Checker/Rally keeps the $.69 days going 2-3 days a month. It's like White Castle on steroids. The 4 for $4 is amazing enough, but TEN ANYTHING for $7 is awesome. I like the reliance on the direct mail coupons for promotion too. I just have to wonder what those Sonic guys are yapping about on my Cable TV though. So sad fast food has gone the way of Grocery marketing where if something isn't being promoted you basically get screwed. Then sales drops off and half the business is on perpetual promotion just to get people in the door. OR on the delivery route if you are lucky enough to live hear a Safeway Affiliate. Von's free delivery ROCKS!
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

There are fast food burger joints out the wazoo here, Sonic, 5 Guys, In n' Out, The Habit, Smashburger, Culvers, Whataburger, Freddy's, Blake's Lotaburger plus Wendy's, McD's, Jack in the Box and BK Oh and some local chains called Crave and Zinburger

I am a self proclaimed burger expert and there are cheaper and better burgers to be had at many local diners and dives.....But as far as fast food goes I prefer Culver's. I like 5 guys but they have lost their minds with the prices they charge. I don't get the In n' Out love but I assume it is like how some people love White Castle or Texans thing Whataburger is better than the second coming of Christ.

My favorite burger? It's a 1/2 pound 80/20 mix burger called the Hunka-Hunka-Burning Love from a 50's style diner called Little Anthonys. They make their stuff fresh, hand formed, fried on a flat top and smothered in cheese, jalapenos and bacon and a side of their house hot sauce....

Burgers are one of those things that people are very peculiar about, kinda like BBq and pizza.....

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

We've got Sonic here. They have a good variety & lots of specials. One of the local ones has a once-a-month car show that used to have a popular vote for trophies. Then it became if you bring a car you get a bowl of ice cream. No more judging. The last one we were at, some friends took their ice cream bowl home & didn't like it so they gave it to the dog & the dog wouldn't eat it. Point being they all have some good things & some things that you will not like. Depends on your taste. But if I want ice cream it's probably going to be DQ for me. But I can not stand the burgers at DQ. See what I mean?
                      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Working...
                      X