Nutrisystem. Anyone try this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutrisystem. Anyone try this ?

I'm a phat bastard that needs to drop the weight . At 278 now. Has anyone used this . And if so. Did it work and was the food good enough that you didn't want to dump it in the trash. Figured I might try this while I learn how to cook. As that is part of the problem. Wife doesn't gain weight and cooks like an old school Italian. Taste great but not when you have to drop weight . Any other ideas? I know learning to cook will open doors to eating better. But I see a bunch of burnt food at same time. Doctor stated that me eating once a day isn't helping matters. And causing by body to store more than it normally would. I wake and go. Don't eat. At work only have a snack(read junk food) and then one normal meal after work. Told need to eat more times a day than once. And skip the crap snacks.

I tried it several years ago, mostly because it was, at that time, the only mail order food program with a diabetic option. Most of the food was OK if not great, some was TERRIBLE, at least to my taste. I did not, however, lose much and eventually gave up. To be fair, I have the metabolism of a sloth and can only do minimal exercise due to my heart issues so that didn't help any.

I'm sure it's a program that CAN work but was not right for me with my particular situation.

Dan

Comment

I'm following one of the many forms of Keto....down 40 since the end of May....still chugging along....Never tried nutrisystem, I refuse to pay money to lose weight when I can police myself and eat right instead.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        ,,,, I know learning to cook will open doors to eating BUTTER.

there, i fixed it for you.

---a fellow porkloaf

p.s.---------- as i tell the ladies,
        once you go fat you'll never go back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chippenwhales.png
Views:	72
Size:	412.9 KB
ID:	1216572

Comment

I don't do pay to play diets either. I am down to the 280s from 320 starting back in May. Have hit a plateau this month and haven't lost any. I only use lbs to gauge where I am, and to put a number on going up or down. Still packing muscle on and I am nearly 50, and not lifting in the gym, only doing work around here. Not much fat left on the outside of me, but I still have a belly, which is going to go away via diet. Might have mentioned before that I am a short brick of muscle, because most people assume I am about 230 by looking at me. 36-38 jeans, 2x shirts, no double chins or floppy bits on me. Look at a silverback gorilla, and that is me with slightly longer legs. Seriously 5-8, 285ish, and you can see my ribs.

I cut out sugar, most starch, and anything processed. I eat two pieces of meat, beef or chicken, the cheaper steaks, bunless burgers, and marinated chicken boobs. Two decent sized sweet potatoes a day, each with a chunk of meat, nothing on them. Then hard boiled eggs, two to four per day. Lots of fresh fruit, grapes, oranges, bananas, mainly. Every day to every third day I eat a quart of yogurt, with strawberries in it. No pop, no creamer in my coffee, and lots of water. I season the meat in various ways, but don't use anything processed like dressings... maybe some Baby Ray's BBQ sauce

Had blood work done back in August, and my VA doc was talking about taking me off the blood pressure meds, all my levels are good for a 20 year old who stays kinda active, not a 50 year old crippled guy. I decided to wait and see about the meds before we pull anything. On a VA sourced multivitamin too. Since I started eating this way, I feel like I am 25 again, energy, motivation, drive, all of it including the morning wood. My A1C is quite low, CDL is great and last year she was talking about putting me on a statin.

I get a strange pressure feeling in my head when I eat bread or anything with sugar in it now, in other words my BP goes up. I no longer crave carbs from bread, taters, pasta etc. I am full after two burgers and a sweet potato and not hungry for the next 6-8 hours. Got the idea from my girl in Chicago, Joe Rogan, and Jordan Peterson, with the latter two on a similar diet.

The best part is I cook it all with a nuke, my fire pit over maple wood, and with a Foreman grill. Can't get much easier cooking than that. You could try it and see how that works, but pasta is out man...

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
            .... marinated chicken boobs. ...
            How are those?

Comment

Look at Terry Bradshaw... he was one of their spokesmen.... not a shining example of success...
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post

Had blood work done back in August, and my VA doc was talking about taking me off the blood pressure meds, all my levels are good for a 20 year old who stays kinda active, not a 50 year old crippled guy. I decided to wait and see about the meds before we pull anything. On a VA sourced multivitamin too. Since I started eating this way, I feel like I am 25 again, energy, motivation, drive, all of it including the morning wood. ..
                I mentioned this in a different thread. Since I changed how I eat and what I eat I have never felt better...not even in my teens did I feel this awake and energetic.

Good fats, protein and lots of veggies. Low to no carbs...I try to keep them under 25g for the day (there is up to 45g in a hamburger bun for comparison). I do get a craving for pizza now and then, and I will give in and have a slice or two otherwise, that's it. I am averaging a 10 pound loss a month doing nothing but watching what I put in my cakehole. I try to avoid anything but water and 1 cup of coffee a day but sometimes I just get sick of drinking water so I get these sodas that are sweetened with monk fruit. that sweetener rates 0 on the glycemic index so no blood sugar spike and it tastes as close to cane sugar as any "natural" sweetener you'll find.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Todd and Joe both have my attention.....would like to try those approaches mostly for the energy level deal. I get up in the morning, get ready for work, and nearly fall asleep during the 15 minute drive there. I would have added a "Lol" but its getting really not funny, ya know?

Having 2 teenage X-Country runners in the house is killer for temptation and convience. We have to stuff them with HUGE amounts of calories - carbs and proteins - just to keep up with how much they are burning. They run 8-10 miles daily for practice and it shows.

Todd you started in May? What was your start time Joe?

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Mindy and I have been "Thriving" for about 1.5yrs. It's a program, made by Level. Pills, shakes and DFT patches, along with protien bars, energy shot, etc.
                    All natural ingredients, look into it.

Comment

All I can say is "whatever works". I'm struggling since they killed off the cancer - the bod is no longer feeding a tumor (takes lots of energy) and I keep cutting back on food but then my blood sugar drops so I cut back on insulin and round and round we go. The Doc and I will work it out but right now we're in the "workin' on it" stage. And traveling due to the storm didin't help as it's hard to stick to my plan with so much eating out. Hopefully back on track now.....

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                        I'm following one of the many forms of Keto....down 40 since the end of May....still chugging along....Never tried nutrisystem, I refuse to pay money to lose weight when I can police myself and eat right instead.
                        Many forms ?

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          All I can say is "whatever works". I'm struggling since they killed off the cancer - the bod is no longer feeding a tumor (takes lots of energy) and I keep cutting back on food but then my blood sugar drops so I cut back on insulin and round and round we go. The Doc and I will work it out but right now we're in the "workin' on it" stage. And traveling due to the storm didin't help as it's hard to stick to my plan with so much eating out. Hopefully back on track now.....

Dan
                          Good luck Dan. Wish you the best of luck. My phat as is mostly from feeling sorry for myself. Or so I'm told. Either way I have got to loose a bunch. The human body is a funny thing. I'm just as active as 10 years ago. Eat less now than then but still gain weight. Vehicles get old and worn and use more fuel. My body seems to be doing the opposite. I'm sure some of it is me thinking I'm as active as I was and most likely am not .

Comment

Working...
                          X