Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L.e.d. drop light bulb? Anyone find a bulb they like .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.e.d. drop light bulb? Anyone find a bulb they like .

I have a rechargeable l.e.d. strip light that goes from 18" to 4 feet. Great at times but bad at others . I'd like to put an l.e.d. bulb in the tried and true reel drop light . Any ideas ? Or just wing it.

I've replaced the incandescent bulbs in all my Maglite flashlights with the LED version and have been very pleased with the results. Similarly, I've replaced all the 4-foot dual fluorescent tube housings in my shop with LED ones and have more light and no hum. Haven't tried the 60W bulbs yet, but am interested in what results are reported.

Comment

I got one of these recently....I love it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	414LEnxSZhL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1216808

not the answer to your question, but I haven't liked to use a good old fashioned drop light for a long, long time. I have a 12" flourescent drop light I have been using for a long time, it's a pain having to deal with the cord all the time, and it is round so it won't sit still.

Attached Files
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        I got one of these recently....I love it.
        Geez, that thing looks like the power supply in Iron Man's chest !

Comment

I've just bought 60 watt equivalent LED bulbs and screwed 'em in the socket - no issues. And they hold up MUCH better when dropped (though I wouldn't test that TOO often).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
            I've replaced the incandescent bulbs in all my Maglite flashlights with the LED version and have been very pleased with the results. Similarly, I've replaced all the 4-foot dual fluorescent tube housings in my shop with LED ones and have more light and no hum. Haven't tried the 60W bulbs yet, but am interested in what results are reported.
            How is the light from the 4' units. Is it blinding. How to paint colors look composed to sunlight .

Comment

I LIKE the LED light in the 4 foot tubes. I've switched all of mine over as they fail (I have more to do but will soon). Mine are about 14 feet or so off the floor so the light dissipates pretty well by the time it gets to working height so I have no complaints with glare (plus, I need LOTS of light for my old eyes). Paint colors do shift a bit but it's way better than fluorescent. Incandescents seem to be best for replicating what paint colors look like out doors but they're pretty much a thing of the past and besides are expensive to use.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                I LIKE the LED light in the 4 foot tubes. I've switched all of mine over as they fail (I have more to do but will soon). Mine are about 14 feet or so off the floor so the light dissipates pretty well by the time it gets to working height so I have no complaints with glare (plus, I need LOTS of light for my old eyes). Paint colors do shift a bit but it's way better than fluorescent. Incandescents seem to be best for replicating what paint colors look like out doors but they're pretty much a thing of the past and besides are expensive to use.

Dan
                I plan on adding lights to the walls 3 feet up to get good lighting on sides/front/rear when painting . All the units on rafters need to be changed . As they don't always light up when it is cold. Or take forever

Comment

Working...
                X