What!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What!

I just found out that Reaper called out Arnie "The Farmer " Beswick ! Arnie has accepted the challenge with his new driver Anthony Layne! GO TAMELESS TIGER II!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

that's a bit random
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Last I saw Reaper was at #10. That means a Nine Second quarter IF he can keep it running that long....
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Man when you said the Reaper called out someone, I thought that meant something else...

Comment

Nope, Arnie will live on forever in the hearts of every soul that met him...as far as performance goes, hold your breath and don't blink when Tameless Tiger II is turned loose!
          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

WWE? no, less spandex, it's street racer soaps.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Now, Reaper might be proper for the street racer soaps, but Arnie is the real deal.... a legend in drag racing's match racing history!-
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

not gonna lie...I have no idea WTF you're talking about....
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

You talking about Arnie the Farmer from the sixties and early seventies match racer?
                  ​​​​​

Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                    You talking about Arnie the Farmer from the sixties and early seventies match racer?
                    ​​​​​

Only one I know of.. Used to race wagons?

Comment

Yup raced Mrs. B's Grocery Getter... The one he raced against in the video...
                      here's a very good article: http://nostalgiadragworld.com/v4i6-arnie-beswick.php
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	4404178209_e87a6a2ea7_b.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	1217042Click image for larger version

Name:	fl0110-89943_2.jpg?1262268585000.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1217043Click image for larger version

Name:	bsd08-6375-grocerygetterotl.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1217044
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Oops, forgot one of many: Click image for larger version

Name:	arnie-beswick-pontiac-gto.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	585.3 KB
ID:	1217046
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Wow he's hanging in there! I've got a nostalgic drag racing video of him in the early sixties.
                          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

But alas.... the situation was not in the spectator's favor.... First, Reaper shows up over 2 hours late, and then drags his feet until the weather and an oil down ruined the track.... He didn't do anything other than show up, unload, and then load his car after giving an interview stating that he didn't give a "darn" what happened, that he was going to make a pass...even without any test hits....didn't happen...On the brighter side, there were several test and tune passes made by the locals, including Arnie's car! the oil down was a rather nice green Elco that literally grenaded a motor...
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Like I said a Nine second quarter IF he can go that far.... The Vega LOOKS like a 10 second car with a ProCharger tacked on. Eats The Reaper's Lunch on a regular basis though. Lately Big Chief gets a lot of "Lucky" breaks. If the moonlight and the breezes are JUST right Ryan is quick. Daddy Dave could somehow some WAY fling a wheel barrow down a track quick enough to beat anything on any given night. But Larry Larson still OWNS them all including the dwarf from Pennsylvania.
                              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                              X