The Definition of "Natural"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdub View Post

While everybody is pulling their pants down, I'll go too. I think I'm just goofy. I'm at my best when I can make anybody else laugh, preferably laugh at ME. That's me, at least the way I think I see me.
    Pdub, I do my best to make others giggle with my relatively quick wit, but, you've got the gift.... You make most laugh with just a thought...
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      I get along better with machinery than people. Machines make more sense. Same with animals.
      You can fix/build a guitar. Nobody else can, that I know in person.

And you're way fun to talk with in person. You are. You sure are.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I'm a natural at sitting on my ass and staring at stuff, I'm afraid. Everything else I've had to work for.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
          I'm a natural at sitting on my ass and staring at stuff, I'm afraid. Everything else I've had to work for.
          When I'm thinking, constructing my next statement in a conversation, I'll look out the window if one's available. In any case, I'll look away from whoever I'm engaged in conversation with. I'm not "looking" at anything. I'm only thinking, and that's how I have to do it.

That caused me a real problem a few times in the professional setting. I got in front of some Type-A characters who called me out on that - "HEY....LOOK at me when we're talking."

Okay, make a mental note of that. This person I'm in front of is an asshole. Write that down, not now, but later.

Comment

Well......no, after some more thought....

It's perplexing to get so late in life to say, "I've had my fun." And I'll have huge more fun in some way, don't get me wrong.

But to buy something that will just go out there and do it, that's not's the same thing. Patrick suggested most of the parts, we put it all together right here where we live.....it was just a work in progress over a huge amount of time to get to 150. That's a thrill I don't want to downplay or even get over anytime soon.
            Maybe just a LITTLE whiff of Nitrous? Make it REALLY pull in 5th gear? Then, there's always that HUGE heavy top pulley on the blower to consider.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

You can fix/build a guitar. Nobody else can, that I know in person.
              And you're way fun to talk with in person. You are. You sure are.
              Neither of those came naturally to me.... I had to learn how, and it wasn't easy.
              I guess if I had to pick a natural talent - it's stuffing my piehole.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

When I'm thinking, constructing my next statement in a conversation, I'll look out the window if one's available. In any case, I'll look away from whoever I'm engaged in conversation with. I'm not "looking" at anything. I'm only thinking, and that's how I have to do it.
                That caused me a real problem a few times in the professional setting. I got in front of some Type-A characters who called me out on that - "HEY....LOOK at me when we're talking."
                Okay, make a mental note of that. This person I'm in front of is an asshole. Write that down, not now, but later.
                My lack of eye contact is due to autistic tendencies. I know one supervisor got REALLY pissed when I carried on a convo while totaling up invoices without touching the adding machine sitting there. He had a company accountant audit all my invoices for the past week. Came up cleaner than his, plus I had enjoyable conversations while doing them! Years later one of the owners came around while I was selling some extra merch to a customer picking up his weekly shipment. We shipped over 200 possible items a week so it got complicated really quick. When the crowd thinned the boss said "Didn't it bother you when I was staring at you with the customer on the computer?". I said I didn't notice, I was just jabbering and invoicing. He said "You're the only person willing to invoice while the customer waits in the company.".
                More recently someone car related dropped by to talk laptops. He said "Wouldn't you rather do car stuff?". I took a single screw out of a Dell laptop and handed him the bottom cover. Told him "This is cast magnesium to save weight. Feel it. Race Car sh*t enough for me.".

Comment

This guy makes great eye contact once he gets going. A natural communicator, I'd say.

Ivan Moody and Randy Blythe better watch their asses. Winston McCall is COMING for them!
                  Last edited by RockJustRock; October 4, 2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                    Natural vs talent..

Gary was a natural.. Could get anything to run.. Old 3 "wheeled" roller got brought in as scrap.. He spent an hour on it, bossman says "Enough, get back to work" Hit the starter fired up.. Many many things.

Me? Trial and error and error AND error.. Sometimes I make it, mostly no.

Loren more talent than he gives himself for.. Same with Aaron.. I'll meet these 2 west coasters some day!

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

Maybe just a LITTLE whiff of Nitrous? Make it REALLY pull in 5th gear? Then, there's always that HUGE heavy top pulley on the blower to consider.
                      Dammit Rock. You didn't even let me get "home" very long.

NO2 101 is in order. I don't know the first thing about it, less than zero. I thought I was through, but that's bound to be the next logical thing. Dammit. I'm already in Fuel class, that's just a plug-in. Dammit.

But I'm not gonna change the blower pulley, I wanna keep the car. I talked with somebody somewhere, for sure at a road course track somewhere. He said he had a friend who had put 25,000 miles on a blower. 25,000 TRACK miles, a trailered race car.

Somebody start a thread about nitrous and I'll read it. Dammit.

Comment

Nitros oxide: oxengenator, causes cars to go lean. Thus the added fuel to the nitros hit..

If you were to run it, maybe a small shot with a spit of fuel added via already installed injectors.

Then add "pills" (more nitros). As nitros shots get larger, there is a need for larger or doubled injectors.

Was at a test and tune where one of the kids turned on his nitros for last run of the night. I could hear and feel the shot kick in whilst in the stands.
                        Bent/broke 3 plugs on that romp
                        Wed night, no auto parts stores open so somebody took plugs off a motor and drove 2 hrs to give to him to drive home..

Morale: go small, then grow

Many go big, or unengineered and ka-boom.

One local kid had a very fast mustang. Looked like BBR's. 4 cylinder, 5 speed and added a big turbo.. Had lag so bad he added a very small shot of nitros to spool up the turbo.. Street raced big blocks and won.

I'll let the pros help you. It can be good AND bad..

Nitros in small doses is great

Comment

Bigger injectors were part of the blower kit. Do you mean even MORE bigger injectors? Where does the laughing gas go into the system?

Does the engine require a whole nuther different tune? How does it know how to run when you're NOT on the laughing gas?
                          Last edited by pdub; October 4, 2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

You could a use cheaper system by plate.. Usually under the carb it will add nitros and fuel.
                            You have the blower, so maybe there is a plate after the blower?

Comment

On an EFI car you can add a dry shot of nitrous with a 100 shot and your computer will add more fuel. Unfortunately most '05 Mustang kits are wet. Apparently they aren't smart enough. So you have to add gas and nitrous, but you get 100 HP. Kit for the stock throttle body is $600. But it would be great for LSR because you could be doing your 152 with Red going grunt, grunt, grunt and then get a BIGGER GRUNT up to 160 or wherever.

Comment

1. Will your injectors handle more flow needed for nitros?
                                2. How much can you use safely.
                                3. Will your current tuner handle it?

If it were me, I'd hit a small shot as I shifted into top gear.

Research it.. Results can be fantasic or disasterous.

I tried googling "nitros with a Paxton supercharger". My Safari would not load it..

Comment

Working...
                                X