The Definition of "Natural"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    1. Will your injectors handle more flow needed for nitros?
    2. How much can you use safely.
    3. Will your current tuner handle it?

If it were me, I'd hit a small shot as I shifted into top gear.

Research it.. Results can be fantasic or disasterous.

I tried googling "nitros with a Paxton supercharger". My Safari would not load it..
    You have a Pontiac??

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

You have a Pontiac??

I wish, My wife just saw a pic of one the other day....

My browsers are Safari and Chrome..

Comment

I couldn't resist that one. I love 'em.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Use to run Nitrous when I street raced, points mentioned above are very valid, especially the fuel pressure. Second would be what trpe of material the be pistons are made of. Third would be the bottom end, cast or steel crank. If you can manage enough fuel pressure then I wouldn't go over a 150 shot and then as stated ONLY in high gear for just a few seconds. You've already stepped up the compression so you're already pushing the motor. Just my
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
            Use to run Nitrous when I street raced, points mentioned above are very valid, especially the fuel pressure. Second would be what trpe of material the be pistons are made of. Third would be the bottom end, cast or steel crank. If you can manage enough fuel pressure then I wouldn't go over a 150 shot and then as stated ONLY in high gear for just a few seconds. You've already stepped up the compression so you're already pushing the motor. Just my
            Yeah. If/when we go to Arkansas in November I wanna take Bubba the Truck and "crew" for you instead of doing anything else to Red in such a rush. We've got lots to talk about when you get here next week.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Take Red and practice your launches and shifting..
              Unless it is too spendy..

Comment

Right about now I'm stuck on you saying the blower included "bigger injectors". Does it use the stock throttle body or was that changed as well?
                Last edited by RockJustRock; October 9, 2018, 01:03 AM.
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                  Right about now I'm stuck on you saying the blower included "bigger injectors". Does it use the stock throttle body or was that changed as well?
                  The stock throttle body is still on the car. The blower Vortech blower kit was designed to work with the stock throttle body.

The whole package is in perfect tune, thanks to Dyno Man. It utilizes the stock fuel pump and an additional fuel pump that came with the blower kit. While he had the car, DM begged me to get a Ford racing fuel pump instead using those other two....to the tune of another $800 for the pump. At that time I was, "Naw, this is bank-ridiculous already, let's just make the thing run." Because I was afraid it never would (run). But it sure does.

And I don't tune it, that's over. DM cleaned out my tuner and handed it back to me and said, "Here, you can sell this to somebody, you won't be needing this anymore."
                  Last edited by pdub; October 9, 2018, 06:13 AM.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    Take Red to the 1/4mi and learn how to do it, with instrumentation to tell you how you're doing! A dragstrip and a camera (think gopro, even the little $20 jobbers work well enough to watch the dials) is one of the best dataloggers you can have.... Once you have data, you can buy the right parts the first time, after ensuring that you're using all of what you have already.

(Also, drag racing is fun as hell.)

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyB View Post

you must read different vacation guides because I've heard hell is a pretty awful place...
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

The stock throttle body is still on the car. The blower Vortech blower kit was designed to work with the stock throttle body.

The whole package is in perfect tune, thanks to Dyno Man. It utilizes the stock fuel pump and an additional fuel pump that came with the blower kit. While he had the car, DM begged me to get a Ford racing fuel pump instead using those other two....to the tune of another $800 for the pump. At that time I was, "Naw, this is bank-ridiculous already, let's just make the thing run." Because I was afraid it never would (run). But it sure does.

And I don't tune it, that's over. DM cleaned out my tuner and handed it back to me and said, "Here, you can sell this to somebody, you won't be needing this anymore."
                        As usual I was asking the wrong question because I only looked at the Lil' picture on the items page. When you bring up the BIG picture you can see there's not a lot in it. The solenoids are both in the little purple box. Beyond THAT it's all just hoses wires and a bottle. $600, kaching! Which is why Dyno Man might want to cook up something WITHOUT the kit for you. Oh also the throttle sensor isn't really a great idea for LSR. A button you push and hold will do. After all this IS all about giving you something you can DO after getting Red into 5th gear where you are presently a little bored.

Everyone will want you to add a purge kit, but not necessary unless you DO drag race. What a purge kit will do is allow you to spray Nitrous out of Red before you run to get the vapor out of SOME of those hoses. This makes the power start instantly instead of with a small delay. For purely entertainment purposes having that little delay will make the nitrous getting cold and hitting more dramatic for you anyway.

But for right now I'd just ask DM "Whadya think of feeding Red a little nitrous in 5th gear?". Of course now we know the first thing he will say is "I TOLD you to get the big fuel pump!".

FREE SHIPPING! Gain Up to 175HP. ZEX Wet Injected Nitrous Systems include 75, 100, 125, 150, and 175 shot jets that will get your Pony flying down the track fas
                        Last edited by RockJustRock; October 9, 2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                          I knew I saw something like this earlier... see post 37
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyB View Post

Take Red to the 1/4mi and learn how to do it, with instrumentation to tell you how you're doing! A dragstrip and a camera (think gopro, even the little $20 jobbers work well enough to watch the dials) is one of the best dataloggers you can have.... Once you have data, you can buy the right parts the first time, after ensuring that you're using all of what you have already.

Just the ticket. May also look into a Race Logic Performance box 01... look it up on Amazon...
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• People don't realize barely anything carries over from drag racing into other styles of racing. The first 60 feet on the strip is almost EVERYTHING. Beyond that it is just DON'T DIE. Actually drive the car hard on the highway on a regular basis and you will get the rest right. LSR it is just get the thing into high gear and let it eat. In a mile you have forever. A half mile, half of forever, but still. Watch an hour or two of half mile and you will see horrible SKETCHY launches give decent MPH. Every car in LSR has a certain RPM it will pull in high gear and that is THAT.

Comment

• I call it the "air dyno". You hit that wall, a combination of your HP and the areo and the only way to go faster is better aero or more HP. With Mutt, I'm stuck with the aero I have (at least in the /DT classes) so I have only the option of looking for more HP. This is NOT to say that there's nothing to driving technique, just that launch isn't that big a deal. You DO, however, need to keep as straight as possible and keep the vehicle under power so long shifts are not in your favor. At least, that's what works for me.

EDIT: Should have added that the above works well enough that there are pretty accurate online HP calculators based on your frontal area (again, many are available online), gear ratio in high gear, and MPH at the end of the run. You can find them thru <Landracing.com>.

Dan
                                Last edited by DanStokes; October 10, 2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X