Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

I knew I saw something like this earlier... see post 37
    It's too simple and boring, gets overlooked..

Know a kid back in the day locked his tune in and done nothing but practice his launches and shifting.. Made strides too..

Comment

• I can't fault PeeWee for not drag racing Red. To drag race ANY stick car you need to borderline abuse the clutch, trans and rear axle. All that for one number mostly based on how the thing moves in it's first 60 ft. Automatics and drag racing were made for each other. Still need a beefy rear axle, but that's about it with a decent slush box. If this longer track/street car/roll racing trend keeps going things are going to change a LOT. If Detroit keeps adding more power going to need a LOT of Parachutes, Roll Bars and REALLY high speed rated tires. Build 200 MPH cars and people WILL want to run them 200 MPH. Get Ready!
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        I call it the "air dyno". You hit that wall, a combination of your HP and the areo and the only way to go faster is better aero or more HP. With Mutt, I'm stuck with the aero I have (at least in the /DT classes) so I have only the option of looking for more HP. This is NOT to say that there's nothing to driving technique, just that launch isn't that big a deal. You DO, however, need to keep as straight as possible and keep the vehicle under power so long shifts are not in your favor. At least, that's what works for me.

EDIT: Should have added that the above works well enough that there are pretty accurate online HP calculators based on your frontal area (again, many are available online), gear ratio in high gear, and MPH at the end of the run. You can find them thru <Landracing.com>.

Dan
        Kind of makes one wish for those days when Detroit was battling each other with drag coefficents and publicizing them. Of course Dodge messed things up with a certain package on a stepside truck. Glad I got to LIVE a little piece of THAT!
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
        X