Tree Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree Removal

For years wife & I have discussed cutting down 4 bogus trees in our yard. The maples drop branches and copious amounts of leaves, and the magnolia has been growing into our sewer pipe requiring yearly root removal. Our left side neighbor is a tree guy for the power company. He's helped us keep the large maples in the side yard in check, but warned us of their poor health. I knew removing the trees would be an expensive venture, but it had to be done, and SOON. So,.. a couple weeks ago I pulled the trigger and had them cut down. A friend of a friend did the job for us and did a pretty good job at that. The total cost was $4000 out the door which is good considering I got estimates of almost $6000 from other places. They flush cut the big maples, and ground the stump on the magnolia.

Pics...

The house looks totally different with the trees gone,.. in a good way. The side yard got beat up, but the trees were in a confined area with limited space to drop limbs and hunks of trunks. I'm gonna have them come back next spring and grind the maple stumps, then smooth out the yard and plant new grass. I sleep a little better at night now knowing a tree won't fall on the house, and knowing I can flush the toilet without tree roots in the sewer line.

Wow, they did an awesome job felling those big ‘uns! I remember you had fence damage several years ago from trees......and I see that one maple had a serious dead section in it. Glad you got them handled.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

X2
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I think you're supposed to wait for a hurricane and let 'em fall where they may - price $0.00. At least, that's how we do it here in coastal NC. (Maybe your way is better). We have trees down all over the place right now and it'll take months and est. $20M to get the schrapnel carted off.

Glad you got this taken care of. We deliberately bought a house w/o trees and it paid off in Florence.

Dan

Comment

Glad you got it done , but man, 4000 feels painful ! ( I could get another C4 for that ! ) But peace of mind is worth alot .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            I think you're supposed to wait for a hurricane and let 'em fall where they may - price $0.00. At least, that's how we do it here in coastal NC. (Maybe your way is better). We have trees down all over the place right now and it'll take months and est. $20M to get the schrapnel carted off.

Glad you got this taken care of. We deliberately bought a house w/o trees and it paid off in Florence.

Dan
            You "treed me" Dan. Yes, a tree will fall in a hurricane.You'll never look at a tree the same way again. Same experience inland with Hugo the Hurricane.

So when we got this place here in Tennessee there were three trees in the front yard. Those have got to go. That was step 3. Move in, get everything arranged, have the trees cut down.

One of them was a cherry tree, the branches hung down such that nobody could walk on the sidewalk. What the heck were the prior owners thinking, allowing that thing to be there that way?

Well, they had planted that cherry tree as a sapling. We found out, it was very ceremonial. Let's plant this tree and watch it grow, that represents our life here. Well, you move out and put us in charge, that sumbitch is getting cut down.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
              Wow, they did an awesome job felling those big ‘uns! I remember you had fence damage several years ago from trees......and I see that one maple had a serious dead section in it. Glad you got them handled.
              He fell that maple less than a foot away from the road,.. that dude knows how to drop a tree. And yep, the fence got damaged and the phone lines came down too in that bad storm. All 3 maples were about 3/4's dead inside. One of them was rotten about 10ft up from the base of the trunk. It was also leaning towards the house..

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Dan
              I wouldn't have much of a house left if I let em fall. Probably wouldn't have much house insurance left either!
              And the neighbors would be awful sore at me..

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
              Glad you got it done , but man, 4000 feels painful ! ( I could get another C4 for that ! ) But peace of mind is worth alot .
              The 4 grand = a car thought was going through my head the whole time Dan. I kept sayin to myself damn, I don't spend 4 grand on cars let alone some trees!

Comment

ah yes, trees. that's coming in a few weeks for me...
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                X